Registered Nurse Care Manager
Join VillageMD as a Registered Nurse Care Manager in Detroit, Michigan.
VillageMD, a leading national primary care provider, has expanded into Michigan to help physicians statewide deliver a higher-value model of primary care and succeed in value-based arrangements. VillageMD Michigan offers physicians the solutions and services they need to improve clinical outcomes, enhance patient and physician satisfaction, and lower the total cost of care, benefiting patients, providers and payers.
As an RN Care Manager with VillageMD, you will help us achieve our goals by collaborating with providers and engaging with high risk patients to develop a patient-centered care plan focused on management of chronic conditions and measured by clinical indicators. You will work closely with the entire Care Management team, including Care Coordinators, Nurse Navigators and Social Workers, to connect the dots of collaborative patient care while incorporating patients’ personal health and lifestyle goals.
What are some unique responsibilities that you’ll have at VillageMD?
- You will spend much of your week embedded in the physician office working directly with providers and engaging high risk patients
- Involve high risk individuals in activities to improve their health and partner with the care team to establish identified goals and action steps to focus on wellness, improve management of overall health and reduce unnecessary utilization
- Utilizing your clinical knowledge and deep understanding of key community resources, you’ll provide health education and coordinate consults and referrals to support patients and facilitate continuity of care
What will make you successful here?
- The ability to be flexible in an ambiguous and dynamic environment
- A service orientation and a positive, “can-do” attitude, along with the desire to work as part of a team
- A willingness to learn on your own and take initiative
- A low ego and humility; an ability to gain trust through good communication and doing what you say you will do
- Confidence in learning and using a variety of technology tools, applications and systems
- Strong communication, time management and organizational skills
What you might do in your first year:
- Develop relationships with primary care practice care teams to operate as an extension of the provider in supporting high risk patients
- Engage a caseload of high-risk patients in Care Management, set patient-specific goals and provide interventions to help them better manage their health
- Participate in grand rounds and other meetings with provider partners and VMD leadership to discuss patient care and improvements to care team processes
The following experience is relevant to us:
- 3+ years of direct, clinical nursing experience
- Registered Nurse with licensure in the state of practice
- Case Management Certification is preferred, but not required
- Care management or transitional care management experience in a setting that requires assessment, critical thinking and application
- Comfort with technology, including Microsoft suite of products
- Proficiency in utilizing a variety of electronic health records including data capture, data mining and reporting
At VillageMD, we see diversity and inclusion as a source of strength in transforming healthcare. We believe building trust and innovation are best achieved through diverse perspectives. To us, acceptance and respect are rooted in an understanding that people do not experience things in the same way, including our healthcare system. Individuals seeking employment at VillageMD are considered without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.