Family Nurse Practitioner / Physician Assistant - In Home Primary Care
**Requires 5 + years of clinical experience as a Nurse Practitioner/Physician Assistant in the primary care or home care setting.
Join VillageMD as a Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant in Houston, TX to cover a designated territory in Southeast Houston.
Picture yourself on the forefront of transformative care with our award-winning organization
At VillageMD, we're looking for a Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant to help us transform the way primary care is delivered and how patients are served. As a national leader on the forefront of healthcare, we've partnered with many of today's best primary care physicians. We're equipping them with the latest digital tools. Empowering them with proven strategies and support. Inspiring them with best practices and consistent results.
We're creating care that's more accessible. Effective. Efficient. With solutions that are value-based, physician-driven and patient-centered. To accomplish this, we're looking for individuals who share our sense of excellence, are ready to embrace change, and never settle for the status quo. Individuals who have the confidence to lead, but the humility to never stop learning.
We're in a unique position to impact everyone in primary care from independent, family-owned practices to world-class health systems. As part of achieving this goal, as a Village Medical at Home provider, you will provide in home primary care to our home-bound, high-risk patients. Village Medical at Home, an extension of the physician-led, team-based platform developed by VillageMD and Village Medical, offers complete primary care services in the home. The Village Medical at Home model offers these services across a continuum of clinical needs, from wellness and quality documentation to the management of transitional care and complex medical needs. Our Village Medical at Home team is passionately committed to delivering coordinated, patient-centric care.
Could this be you?
Integral to the primary care team, you will perform annual health assessments, complete post discharge visits and deliver cost-effective, quality care to assigned patients. Working collaboratively across a multi-disciplinary team, you will contribute to the development, implementation, and on-going refinement of home health processes.
How you can make a difference
- Performing comprehensive in-home assessments for identified patients of the practice and assisting the primary care team in better managing chronic diseases
- Reviewing current symptoms and identifying diagnosis to be used in care management and active medical management of treatment
- Completing physical examinations, medication reviews, vital checks, lab draws, wound care and depression screenings
- Communicating assessment findings that will be used to inform the PCP of potential gaps in care
What will make you successful here?
- Ability to travel within the Houston, TX area 5 days/week to provide care to patients in their home based on the needs of business/market
- Highly relationship oriented and ability to passionately serve the aging and elderly population
- Positive attitude with a solution-oriented approach and a comfort working within ambiguity
- A low ego and humility; an ability to gain trust through communication and doing what you say you will do
What will define success in this role?
- Accuracy on risk capture, high quality metrics and closure rates
- High patient satisfaction and improved health status including reduced hospitalization and ER visits
- Thinking critically to address patient needs, providing the appropriate resources and follow-up care to improve stability
- Educating patients on topics such as disease process, medication, and compliance
- Complying with all HIPAA regulations and maintaining security of protected health information
Experience to drive change
- FNP/Family Nurse Practitioner, APRN, Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant/PA
- Current TX license
- Nurse Practitioner certification from either the ANCC / AANP
- Certified in Basic Life Support (BLS) or Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS)
- 5 + years of clinical experience as an FNP/PA in the primary care or home care setting
- Working knowledge of chronic care management and various medication options
- Current DEA licensure / Prescriptive Authority post-hire in TX
- Experience in Family Medicine, Internal Medicine, Gerontology, Palliative Care
How you will thrive
In addition to competitive salaries, a 401k program with company match, bonus and a valuable health benefits package, VillageMD offers paid parental leave, pre-tax savings on commuter expenses, and generous allowed time off. You work in a highly-collaborative, conscientious, forward-thinking environment that welcomes your experience and enables you to make a significant impact from Day 1.
Most importantly, you make a difference. You see a clear connection between your daily work on VillageMD products and services and the advancement of innovative solutions and improved quality of healthcare for providers and patients.
Our unique VillageMD culture – how inclusion and diversity make the difference
At VillageMD, we see diversity and inclusion as a source of strength in transforming healthcare. We believe building trust and innovation are best achieved through diverse perspectives. To us, acceptance and respect are rooted in an understanding that people do not experience things in the same way, including our healthcare system. Individuals seeking employment at VillageMD are considered without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Those seeking employment at VillageMD are considered without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.
Explore your future with VillageMD today.