Medical Lab Technician/Medical Technologist
Join Village Medical as a Medical Lab Technician/Medical Technologist in Houston, Texas.
Address: 4650 Westway Park Blvd, Suite 210, Houston, TX 77041
Shift Details: Monday - Friday 3pm - 12am, willing to cover weekends as needed
WHY VILLAGE MEDICAL
At Village Medical, we're looking for a Medical Lab Technician/Medical Technologist to help us transform the way primary care is delivered and how patients are served. As a national leader on the forefront of healthcare, we've partnered with many of today's best Primary Care Physicians and Advanced Practice Providers. We're equipping them with the latest digital tools. Empowering them with proven strategies and support. Inspiring them with better practices and consistent results.
We're creating care that's more accessible. Effective. Efficient. With solutions that are value-based, physician-driven, and patient-centered. To accomplish this, we're looking for individuals who share our sense of excellence, are ready to embrace change, and never settle for the status quo. Individuals who have the confidence to lead but the humility to never stop learning.
OUR CULTURE AND VALUES
VillageMD is a group of collaborative, entrepreneurial, and smart people who are united in our goal to improve primary care, making a difference in people's lives.
Get Stuff Done: We roll-up our sleeves and dive into the details, tackling the work at hand with infectious enthusiasm. We’re highly accountable for our work and the value we add, inspiring others with our constant ability to deliver results. No challenge is too small or too big.
Build Trust: We are humbled by those we serve and the importance of our vision. We invest in relationships with open and honest conversation seeking personal connections. We show respect for others in our words and actions. We do what we say we are going to do. We are knowledgeable, but always take the time to listen and learn.
Innovate: Our curiosity is endless, and challenging the status quo is a priority. New approaches are rewarded, and we are always seeking to improve. We know that changing healthcare is hard, and we embrace the challenge.
COULD THIS BE YOU
You are detail-oriented and dedicated to producing reliable and accurate test results using aseptic technique, universal precautions, and accepted procedures of infection control.
How You Will Get Things Done:
- Perform all waived and moderately complex tests as defined by CLIA ’88 in an accurate and timely manner including Chemistry, Hematology, STD testing, etc
- Ensure operation of analyzers and other laboratory equipment by calibrating; completing preventative maintenance requirements; following manufacturer’s instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; arranging for repairs
- Maintain safe, secure, and healthy work environment by following laboratory standards and procedures while complying with legal regulations of OSHA, HIPPA, CLIA, and Department of State Health Services
How You Will Build Trust:
- Demonstrate kindness and compassion in all patient interactions
- Interact with Village Medical personnel, physicians and patients as to orders coming into the laboratory and/or reporting results (including critical values) according to the policies and procedures of Village Medical while maintaining inter departmental work flow and contributing to team effort
How You Will Innovate:
- Maintain quality control, quality assessment and associated corrective actions according to policy/procedure
- Perform and submit proficiency surveys
- Prepare reports of technological findings by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information
EXPERIENCE TO DRIVE CHANGE
- Associate Degree (MLT) or Bachelor degree (MT)
- United States Certification from American Society of Clinical Pathology (ASCP) or American Medical Technologist (AMT) certification
- Experience with Laboratory Information Systems (LIS) and Electronic Medical Records (EMR) is a plus
- Knowledge of medical terminology, and laboratory testing requirements
- Computer/data entry skills
- Ability to work at a fast pace, communicate in a clear and effective manner, and read/follow procedures accurately
SUPPORTING THE WHOLE YOU
To help our employees be their best at home and work, we’re pleased to invest in benefit programs that support their total well-being.
- Physical Well-Being: Comprehensive health plans include medical and prescription, virtual care, dental, and vision benefits
- Mental & Emotional Well-Being: Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Talkspace and access to other premiere mental health tools and applications, bereavement support
- Career: Learning and development, clinician expense reimbursement, and continuing medical education allowance
- Personal and Time Off: Paid time off, paid holidays, volunteer time off, parental leave
- Financial Well-Being: 401(k) with match, HSA, FSAs, commuter accounts, team member discounts, life, AD&D and disability, financial & legal consultations
Our unique Village Medical culture – how inclusion and diversity make the difference.
We believe building trust, acceptance, and respect is rooted in an understanding that people do not experience things in the same way. Employment candidates are considered without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Explore your future with Village Medical as a Medical Lab Technician/Medical Technologist today!