Bone Health Care Coordinator (Medical Assistant) - Northwest San Antonio
Join VillageMD as a Patient Care Coordinator Bone Health
Clinic Location: 7579 N. Loop 1604 W., Suite 200, San Antonio, TX 78249
Join the frontlines of today's healthcare transformation
At VillageMD, we're looking for a Patient Care Coordinator to help us transform the way primary care is delivered and how patients are served. As a national leader on the forefront of healthcare, we've partnered with many of today's best primary care physicians. We're equipping them with the latest digital tools. Empowering them with proven strategies and support. Inspiring them with better practices and consistent results.
We're creating care that's more accessible. Effective. Efficient. With solutions that are value-based, physician-driven and patient-centered. To accomplish this, we're looking for individuals who share our sense of excellence, are ready to embrace change, and never settle for the status quo. Individuals who have the confidence to lead but the humility to never stop learning.
Could this be you?
Integral to our Care Management team, the Patient Care Coordinator will be accountable for collaborating with the care team to consistently communicate and document high risk patient profiles to provider and practice care teams. As a new member of VillageMD, you’ll work closely with our care team to connect the dots of collaborative patient care.
How you can make a difference
- Assess high risk patients’ acuity and needs to initiate engagement for enrollment in Care Management
- Support chronically stable patients as they transition from the inpatient setting or emergency department to ensure all needs are met
- Identify and address care gaps for high risk and rising risk patients, while documenting activity consistently and adequately to support communication of closure to payor
- Facilitate referrals to physicians through calling, scheduling an appointment for the patient, and forwarding requested test or lab results
- Coordinate with local community resources as needed to support both the physical and psychosocial needs of patients
- Outreach and engage low acuity, high risk patients and screen for Care Management needs
- Request records from specialists enabling the continuity of care for both PCPs and members of the interdisciplinary care team
Skills for success
- The ability to be flexible in an ambiguous and dynamic environment
- A service-oriented, “can do” attitude
- A willingness to learn on your own and take initiative
- Demonstrating honesty and following through on commitments
- The ability to problem-solve on the spot and identify issues that need escalated
- Achieving objectives by effectively managing multiple tasks at one time
- Maintaining an organized and systematic workflow that results in goals being met
- Adapting quickly to changes, all while maintaining a positive attitude
- A low ego and humility; an ability to gain trust through good communication
Experience to drive change
- 3+ years of experience in a medical office or health care setting
Certified Medical Assistant or eligible within 90 days of hire
- High School Diploma or GED Required
- Community Health Worker (CHW) preferred
- Comfort with technology including the Microsoft suite of products
- Prior experience using electronic health record including data capture, data mining and reporting
How you will thrive
In addition to competitive salaries, a 401k program with company match, and a valuable health benefits package, VillageMD offers paid parental leave, pre-tax savings on commuter expenses, and generous paid time off. You work in a highly-collaborative, conscientious, forward-thinking environment that welcomes your experience and enables you to make a significant impact from Day 1. Most importantly, you make a difference. You see a clear connection between your daily work on VillageMD products and services and the advancement of innovative solutions and improved quality of healthcare for providers and patients.
Our unique VillageMD culture – how inclusion and diversity make the difference
At VillageMD, we see diversity and inclusion as a source of strength in transforming healthcare. We believe building trust and innovation are best achieved through diverse perspectives. To us, acceptance and respect are rooted in an understanding that people do not experience things in the same way, including our healthcare system. Individuals seeking employment at VillageMD are considered without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Those seeking employment at VillageMD are considered without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.
Explore your future with VillageMD today.