Clinical Lead - Medical Assistant - Vistancia
Join Village Medical as a Clinical Lead in Peoria, Arizona.
Clinic Location: 28516 N. El Mirage Road, Suite 105, Peoria, AZ 85383
WHY VILLAGE MEDICAL
At Village Medical, we're looking for a Clinical Lead to help us transform the way primary care is delivered and how patients are served. As a national leader on the forefront of healthcare, we've partnered with many of today's best Primary Care Physicians and Advanced Practice Providers. We're equipping them with the latest digital tools. Empowering them with proven strategies and support. Inspiring them with better practices and consistent results.
We're creating care that's more accessible. Effective. Efficient. With solutions that are value-based, physician-driven, and patient-centered. To accomplish this, we're looking for individuals who share our sense of excellence, are ready to embrace change, and never settle for the status quo. Individuals who have the confidence to lead but the humility to never stop learning.
OUR CULTURE AND VALUES
VillageMD is a group of collaborative, entrepreneurial, and smart people who are united in our goal to improve primary care, making a difference in people's lives.
Get Stuff Done: We roll-up our sleeves and dive into the details, tackling the work at hand with infectious enthusiasm. We’re highly accountable for our work and the value we add, inspiring others with our constant ability to deliver results. No challenge is too small or too big.
Build Trust: We are humbled by those we serve and the importance of our vision. We invest in relationships with open and honest conversation seeking personal connections. We show respect for others in our words and actions. We do what we say we are going to do. We are knowledgeable, but always take the time to listen and learn.
Innovate: Our curiosity is endless, and challenging the status quo is a priority. New approaches are rewarded, and we are always seeking to improve. We know that changing healthcare is hard, and we embrace the challenge.
COULD THIS BE YOU
In this hybrid clinical & administrative role, the Clinical Lead helps facilitate day-to-day clinical operations within the practice, including the direction of patient, staff, and provider interactions while maintaining a service-based approach to issue resolution. This leader will partner with Practice Managers within the clinic to promote the highest standards of patient with a focus on excellent patient experiences. Additionally, the Clinical Lead provides support, mentoring, and training to staff, encouraging and developing their abilities to effectively address patient needs and provide safe patient care.
How You Will Get Things Done:
- Ensure appropriate onboarding and orientation of new clinical support staff and manage ongoing training and development needs, including clinical assessment, and involvement in the hiring process
- Participate in patient care activities including but not limited to rooming, obtaining vital signs, patient histories, lab specimens, administering medications and vaccines
- Authorize prescription refills as directed by providers while following Village policies
- Monitor patient schedules and clinical inboxes to ensure patient needs are addressed promptly
- Schedule patient appointments/follow-up appointments in accordance with established policies and procedures
- Collaborate with Practice Manager on clinical staffing assignments and work in a patient-facing clinical role as needed
How You Will Build Trust:
- Demonstrate kindness and compassion in all patient interactions
- Participate in brand marketing rotating throughout the vestibule, with a focus on engaging and increasing patient volume
- Be honest, honor your commitments, and communicate effectively
- Demonstrate exceptional adherence to infection control measures, point of care test/CLIA waived lab compliance, OSHA for healthcare settings and safe vaccine storage, handling, and administration
- Mentor, support, and develop new clinical support staff
- Attend leadership meetings, conducting clinical staff meetings and huddles in collaboration with the Practice Manager with a focus on staff engagement. Provide office supervision in the absence of the Practice Manager
How You Will Innovate:
- Communicate organizational and clinical changes to staff positively and champion support of all
- Prepare and administer PO, IM, and ID medications as directed by the Provider, utilizing the “Rights of Vaccine or Medication Administration”
- Provide instruction to the patient regarding medications and diet
- Perform quality controls and equipment checks
EXPERIENCE TO DRIVE CHANGE
- Current unencumbered license as an LVN/LPN or current certification as a Medical Assistant
- Current BLS for Healthcare Providers
- High School Diploma/Equivalency required
- Experience in primary care, family practice, internal medicine, urgent care or ER preferred
- 3 – 5 years minimum clinical experience in primary care or similar practice setting with proven phlebotomy, lab processing and handling, CLIA waived testing compliance, and vaccine storage, handling, and administration experience required
- Passion for mentoring with a focus on patient safety
SUPPORTING THE WHOLE YOU
To help our employees be their best at home and work, we’re pleased to invest in benefit programs that support their total well-being.
- Physical Well-Being: Comprehensive health plans include medical and prescription, virtual care, dental, and vision benefits
- Mental & Emotional Well-Being: Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Talkspace and access to other premiere mental health tools and applications, bereavement support
- Career: Learning and development, clinician expense reimbursement, and continuing medical education allowance
- Personal and Time Off: Paid time off, paid holidays, volunteer time off, parental leave
- Financial Well-Being: 401(k) with match, HSA, FSAs, commuter accounts, team member discounts, life, AD&D and disability, financial & legal consultations
Our unique Village Medical culture – how inclusion and diversity make the difference.
We believe building trust, acceptance, and respect is rooted in an understanding that people do not experience things in the same way. Employment candidates are considered without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Explore your future with Village Medical as a Clinical Lead today!