Medical Assistant Care Coordinator - Helotes
Join VillageMD as a Medical Assistant Care Coordinator
Clinic Location: 12952 Bandera Road, Suite 105, Helotes, TX 78023
WHY VILLAGE MEDICAL
At Village Medical, we're looking for a Medical Assistant Care Coordinator to help us transform the way primary care is delivered and how patients are served. As a national leader on the forefront of healthcare, we've partnered with many of today's best Primary Care Physicians and Advanced Practice Providers. We're equipping them with the latest digital tools. Empowering them with proven strategies and support. Inspiring them with better practices and consistent results.
We're creating care that's more accessible. Effective. Efficient. With solutions that are value-based, physician-driven, and patient-centered. To accomplish this, we're looking for individuals who share our sense of excellence, are ready to embrace change, and never settle for the status quo. Individuals who have the confidence to lead but the humility to never stop learning.
OUR CULTURE AND VALUES
VillageMD is a group of collaborative, entrepreneurial, and smart people who are united in our goal to improve primary care, making a difference in people's lives.
Get Stuff Done: We roll up our sleeves and dive into the details, tackling the work at hand with infectious enthusiasm. We’re highly accountable for our work and the value we add, inspiring others with our constant ability to deliver results. No challenge is too small or too big.
Build Trust: We are humbled by those we serve and the importance of our vision. We invest in relationships with open and honest conversations seeking personal connections. We show respect for others in our words and actions. We do what we say we are going to do. We are knowledgeable, but always take the time to listen and learn.
Innovate: Our curiosity is endless, and challenging the status quo is a priority. New approaches are rewarded, and we are always seeking to improve. We know that changing healthcare is hard, and we embrace the challenge.
COULD THIS BE YOU
You are passionate about collaborative patient care and achieving positive patient health outcomes.
How You Will Get Things Done:
- Assess high risk patients’ acuity and needs to initiate engagement for enrollment in Care Management.
- Facilitate referrals to physicians through calling, scheduling an appointment for the patient, and forwarding requested test or lab results.
- Request records from specialists enabling the continuity of care for both PCPs and members of the interdisciplinary care team.
How You Will Build Trust:
- Support chronically stable patients as they transition from the inpatient setting or emergency department to ensure all needs are met.
- Outreach and engage low acuity, high risk patients and screen for Care Management needs.
How You Will Innovate:
- Identify and address care gaps for high risk and rising risk patients, while documenting activity consistently and adequately to support communication of closure to payor.
- Coordinate with local community resources as needed to support both the physical and psychosocial needs of patients.
EXPERIENCE TO DRIVE CHANGE
- 3+ years of experience in a medical office or health care setting
- Certified Medical Assistant or eligible within 90 days of hire
- High School Diploma or GED Required
- Community Health Worker (CHW) preferred
- Comfort with technology including the Microsoft suite of products
- Prior experience using electronic health record including data capture, data mining and reporting
SUPPORTING THE WHOLE YOU
To help our employees be their best at home and work, we’re pleased to invest in benefit programs that support their total well-being.
- Physical Well-Being: Comprehensive health plans include medical and prescription, virtual care, dental, and vision benefits
- Mental & Emotional Well-Being: Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Talkspace and access to other premiere mental health tools and applications, bereavement support
- Career: Learning and development, clinician expense reimbursement, and continuing medical education allowance
- Personal and Time Off: Paid time off, paid holidays, volunteer time off, parental leave
- Financial Well-Being: 401(k) with match, HSA, FSAs, commuter accounts, team member discounts, life, AD&D and disability, financial & legal consultations
Our unique Village Medical culture – how inclusion and diversity make the difference.
We believe building trust, acceptance, and respect is rooted in an understanding that people do not experience things in the same way. Employment candidates are considered without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Explore your future with Village Medical as a Medical Assistant Care Coordinator today!