Patient Outreach Specialist
Join VillageMD as a Patient Outreach Specialist in Bedford, NH
Join the frontlines of today's healthcare transformation
At VillageMD, we're looking for a Patient Outreach Specialist to help us transform the way primary care is delivered and how patients are served. As a national leader on the forefront of healthcare, we've partnered with many of today's best primary care physicians. We're equipping them with the latest digital tools. Empowering them with proven strategies and support. Inspiring them with better practices and consistent results.
We're creating care that's more accessible. Effective. Efficient. With solutions that are value-based, physician-driven and patient-centered. To accomplish this, we're looking for individuals who share our sense of excellence, are ready to embrace change, and never settle for the status quo. Individuals who have the confidence to lead but the humility to never stop learning.
Could this be you?
The Patient Outreach Specialist is responsible for supporting providers by making outbound calls to new and established patients to schedule appointments. You must enjoy speaking with patients (particularly the aging population) on the phone and possess the in-depth understanding and the diverse skills to overcome patient issues, hesitation, or objections. You are accountable for making high volume of calls with exceptional patient service.
How you can make a difference
- Exhibit caring attitude toward patients, co-workers, physicians, clinical staff, and other customers
- Outreach to patients appropriate for services provided by VMD including Annual Wellness Visits, Health Fairs, and other preventive care service
- Establish patient engagement resulting in low denial rates and high appointment scheduling rates
- Schedule patient appointments accurately in EMR system according to established policies and procedures
- Identify and handle patient needs, while working in a team environment
- Collect, and update new patient’s demographic and insurance information; verify and update established patient’s demographic and insurance information
- Submit appropriate and detailed documentation for patient appointments and patient cases in EMR system
- Maintain awareness of changes/updates within VillageMD practices by attending departmental meetings and reading emails
- Convert greater than 60% of answered calls to successful visit
Skills for success
- Personal Initiative: Highly accountable, self-starter; strong sense of urgency; can work autonomously with limited direction
- Results oriented: bias for action; demonstrated track record of achievement; drive for attainment of superior outcomes
- Emotional Intelligence: Self-aware; successfully navigates internal staff dynamics
- Flexible: ably navigates within ambiguity; solution-oriented
- Communication: distills complex, technical topics articulately to a nontechnical audience
- Collaboration: orientation to team-based work product and results
- Leadership: proven experience and desire to develop and nurture teams
- Humility: low ego; engenders trust; respectful
Experience to drive change
- High School Diploma or GED
- Minimum of two (2) years customer service experience
- Prior experience working in healthcare
- Familiarity with EMRs (Electronic Medical Records)
- Medical Assistant training; certificate preferred
How you will thrive
In addition to competitive salaries, a 401k program with company match, bonus and a valuable health benefits package, VillageMD offers paid parental leave, pre-tax savings on commuter expenses, and generous paid time off. You work in a highly-collaborative, conscientious, forward-thinking environment that welcomes your experience and enables you to make a significant impact from Day 1.
Most importantly, you make a difference. You see a clear connection between your daily work on VillageMD products and services and the advancement of innovative solutions and improved quality of healthcare for providers and patients.
Our unique VillageMD culture – how inclusion and diversity make the difference
At VillageMD, we see diversity and inclusion as a source of strength in transforming healthcare. We believe building trust and innovation are best achieved through diverse perspectives. To us, acceptance and respect are rooted in an understanding that people do not experience things in the same way, including our healthcare system. Individuals seeking employment at VillageMD are considered without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Those seeking employment at VillageMD are considered without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.
Explore your future with VillageMD today.