Sr. Credit Risk Analyst
At Wisetack, we’re building financially responsible consumer lending products that help service-based businesses thrive.
Wisetack is a well-funded growing startup founded in 2018 with a leadership team that comes from Lending Club, Affirm, Varo Money and other top FinTech companies. We’re backed by leading VCs, including Insight Partners, Greylock, and Bain Capital Ventures, (investors in Airbnb, LinkedIn, Instagram, Dropbox, and many more).
We raised a $45M Series B and have invested in our people and technology while growing our partnerships. We grew 10x in 2021, and exceeded the goal of growing 4x in 2022. This is a fun stage in any company's lifecycle where we've got the core foundation built, a healthy growth rate, and a clear path to success, but you'd still be joining early enough to help shape the future of the company.
Most recently, we were recognized as the Best Consumer Lending Solution by Finovate Awards and have been selected by LendIt as a 2022 winner in the Best Emerging Lending Platform category for their Fintech Industry Awards. The external recognition is great, but we're equally — if not more — happy with the recognition from our customers. Our current NPS rating is a sky-high 78 (industry average hovers around the 40s or 50s, depending on who you ask). We're proud that we're building a product that customers love as well as being recognized as a Great Place to Work by our team members.
The Credit Risk team is crucial to the success of Wisetack enabling sustainable growth while closely managing the profitability and resilience of our portfolio. This newly created role will provide critical support in designing and performing analyses to help us monitor and forecast losses and provide insights about our lending portfolio's performance. This role requires extensive use of data analytics to derive insights and develop credit strategies. The ideal candidate is well-versed in writing SQL queries, interpreting data, and evaluating credit performance.
- Prepare loan tapes and portfolio performance analysis to assist with capital partner transactions
- Assist with modeling, structuring and execution of capital partner transactions
- Perform credit analyses to improve new customer underwriting (approve/decline, loan amount assignment, and pricing)
- Monitor and report credit product risk and portfolio trends
- Design and perform various types of analyses such as Vintage, Time Series, Deep Dive, What-If, and Root Cause analyses on our lending portfolios.
- Assist with monthly credit performance review, analyze and report key findings.
- Recommend appropriate policies, procedures, controls, and underwriting (model and policy) guidelines to manage risk.
- Research, collect, and analyze external macro-economic and industry trends to forecast their impact on consumer credit risk
- Develop a solid understanding of segment level valuations to develop optimal policies at the segment level
- Work closely and collaborate with other teams including fraud, product, data science, and data engineering
- Must have 2+ years of experience performing credit analyses in consumer lending businesses (e.g., credit cards, auto loans, unsecured loans)
- Ability to perform analyses with a high degree of autonomy and accuracy
- Strong sense of ownership and business orientation
- Strong technical skills - SQL, Excel Macros/VBA - R/Python is a bonus
- Ability to communicate insights clearly and succinctly (written and verbal)
- Experience using Tableau or other software for data exploration & visualization is strongly preferred
- BS / MS in a quantitative discipline (Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics or Engineering) preferred
The range of base salary for the position is between $100,000 - $140,000, plus equity, and benefits. Please note that the base salary range is a guideline, and individual total compensation will vary based on factors such as qualifications, skill level and competencies.
Something looks off?