Data Analyst II
At Wisetack, we’re building financially responsible consumer lending products that help service-based businesses thrive.
Wisetack is a well-funded growing startup founded in 2018 with a leadership team that comes from Lending Club, Affirm, Varo Money and other top FinTech companies. We’re backed by leading VCs, including Insight Partners, Greylock, and Bain Capital Ventures, (investors in Airbnb, LinkedIn, Instagram, Dropbox, and many more).
We raised a $45M Series B and have invested in our people and technology while growing our partnerships. We grew 10x in 2021, and exceeded the goal of growing 4x in 2022. This is a fun stage in any company's lifecycle where we've got the core foundation built, a healthy growth rate, and a clear path to success, but you'd still be joining early enough to help shape the future of the company.
Most recently, we were recognized as the Best Consumer Lending Solution by Finovate Awards and have been selected by LendIt as a 2022 winner in the Best Emerging Lending Platform category for their Fintech Industry Awards. The external recognition is great, but we're equally — if not more — happy with the recognition from our customers. Our current NPS rating is a sky-high 78 (industry average hovers around the 40s or 50s, depending on who you ask). We're proud that we're building a product that customers love as well as being recognized as a Great Place to Work by our team members.
Wisetack’s Treasury Team is engineering the Treasury function of tomorrow through automation (scaling the business) and analytics/data insights (shaping the business). We are keenly focused on the design and methodology with which we conduct our business. If you get satisfaction out of making something cost-effective, elegant, and efficient, then this might be the role for you.
We are seeking a Data Analyst who has strong business acumen with technical aptitude. In this role you will work with large datasets, design and build processes, perform analyses to drive business decisions, develop controls, and mitigate risk. Our team is critical to conducting Wisetack’s financial operations.
- Run finance-related daily operations, some examples include:
- Validation of loan originations
- Secondary market transactions
- Automation tasks
- Strategically design, thoughtfully build and efficiently maintain new solutions to business initiatives in a scalable way
- Embrace and enhance the data-driven culture of the company by providing new and useful data solutions via different mediums (dashboards, automated reports, automated Slack messages etc)
- Empower customer support, product, partnerships and other finance team members by being a subject matter expert and resource for Treasury related items
- Work cross-functionally with Finance, Analytics, Risk, Product, Engineering and Customer Operations
- Develop and maintain Treasury specific datasets and data pipelines
- Support the business and handle ad hoc requests
- Drive adoption of new processes and standard methodologies
- Identify, document and implement changes to enhance controls and mitigate risk
- A solutions-oriented mindset
- Strong critical thinking and analytical capabilities
- A passion for data and automation
- Keen attention to detail
- Knowledge of SQL
- Python experience or desire to learn relatively quickly
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to simplify and explain complex problems to stakeholders of all levels across multiple functions
- Ability to work on your own and identify value through ambiguity
- Self motivated with a strong curiosity to learn
- Avid team player who delights in helping others and collaborates seamlessly across both technical and non-technical teams
- 3+ years professional experience (role will be calibrated to experience)
- Financial Services and/or Fintech experience is a plus
The range of base salary for the position is between $70,800 - $99,100, plus equity, and benefits. Please note that the base salary range is a guideline, and individual total compensation will vary based on factors such as qualifications, skill level and competencies.
Spend a little time on our About Us page researching our team and our values, and check out our Press page and our blog for more background on what we do. If you think this might be a fit, we’d love to hear from you!