Nurse Practitioner - Ohio/Pennsylvania
Nurse Practitioner- Ohio/Pennsylvia (100% Remote)
The Nurse Practitioner for CareBridge is a key member of the clinical team and is responsible for providing primary and urgent health care primarily via telehealth modalities to patients who receive Home and Community Based Services (HCBS) through state Medicaid programs. The Provider works closely with the family, natural supports, paid caregivers, specialty, and primary care physicians to provide virtual and occasional in-person care, aimed at ensuring patients receive the necessary care to keep them home.
- Provide compassionate care to diverse patients and their families.
- Manage the care of individuals with a multitude of health problems ranging from primary care to urgent care issues.
- Thrive as a member of the interdisciplinary team and facilitate the continuum of care.
- Deliver cost-effective, high-quality care to patients.
- Perform follow up and check in with patients to monitors chronic conditions to minimize exacerbations or treat in place.
- Completes unplanned, urgent, and/or emergent contacts as needed to meet patient needs.
- Adjusts visit frequency and schedule based upon patient needs.
- Addresses Advance Care Planning proactively; identifies surrogate decision maker (POA, Health Proxy, etc.).
- Manages patient’s medical care as appropriate including:
- Orders and monitors of diagnostics including laboratory studies, radiological studies, etc.
- Refers to appropriate specialists or community services, i.e. Therapy, DME
- Addresses recommended preventive and quality measures; acts to close or facilitate potential care gaps
- Identifies, assesses, diagnoses, treats acute changes of condition
- Manages medication therapy effectively:
- Reviews and reconciles medications each visit
- Avoids high-risk medications
- Prescribes medication, adjusts dosages, discontinues medications as appropriate
- Simplifies medication regimen for improved adherence and safety
- Communicates effectively with entire care team including the patient’s community primary care provider and health plan care/service coordinator.
- Provides effective patient education using the Teach Back technique.
- Documents all patient encounters (in-home and telephonic) per documentation standards.
- Participates in clinical case conferences.
- Participates in on-call coverage for patient care.
- Maintains excellent punctuality and attendance during work hours.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Holds active, unencumbered Advanced Practice license in both Ohio and Pennsylvania
- Credentialed in adult, family, or geriatric care Has active DEA license
- Preference for: Developmental Disabilities Nurse certification
- Experience in care of adult, chronically ill patients
- Two or more years of practice experience of adult and chronic conditions
- Working knowledge of computers and ability to document effectively and efficiently in an electronic system
- Preference given to NPs with active DEA, NPI and Medicaid #
Those who thrive at CareBridge tend to possess these qualities:
- An entrepreneurial spirit. Must be a tenacious self-starter.
- Flexible and adaptable to a constantly changing workload.
- Must enjoy working in a fast-paced environment.
- A sense of humor and a down-to-earth nature.
Employment Type: Full-Time
CareBridge is a provider of technology and services that assist payers and states in caring for patients with physical, intellectual, and developmental disabilities. CareBridge’s services include 24/7-member support, benefit management, electronic visit verification (EVV) and data aggregation. CareBridge is led by a team of healthcare service and technology veterans and is headquartered in Nashville, Tennessee.