CareBridge Medical Coder
The CareBridge Medical Coder reviews all provider visit medical encounters for dual members and applies the most accurate diagnosis codes (ICD-10 codes). The Medical Coder serves as a resource and subject matter expert in the CMS Risk Adjustment Model. Additionally, the Medical Coder may identify missed opportunities to capture appropriate diagnosis codes.
- Runs a billing report in EMR for all providers to identify completed and signed notes
- Reviews all medical documentation for completed visit notes as well as patient profile information (problem list, medications, allergies, etc) in EMR for each member
- Assigns the appropriate ICD-10 code for each diagnosis
- Provides feedback to the provider on opportunities for improved documentation to support specific codes
- Certification as a Medical Coder
- AAPC Certified Risk Adjustment Coder (CRC™) is preferred
- At least 2 years' experience in applying appropriate diagnosis in the Medicare HCC model
- Expertise with the most current CMS Risk Adjustment Model
Those who thrive at CareBridge tend to possess these qualities:
- An entrepreneurial spirit. Must be a tenacious self-starter
- Flexible and adaptable to a constantly changing workload
- Must enjoy working in a fast-paced environment
- A sense of humor and a down-to-earth nature
CareBridge is a provider of technology and services that assist payers and states in caring for patients receiving long-term support services. CareBridge’s services include electronic visit verification (EVV), data aggregation, 24/7-member support, and benefit management. CareBridge is led by a team of healthcare service and technology veterans and is headquartered in East Nashville.