Director of Transportation
Who We Are:
So, you’ve heard about being #addedtocart
At Cart.com, our mantra is “Be Brand Obsessed”. Why? Because we know that our lives are shaped by the brands we interact with daily. As a new disruptor in e-commerce, Cart.com’s mission is to not only help brands scale seamlessly, but also build a deeper connection with their customers. We obsess over the brands we serve and the things they care about, and that passion is what drives us to provide a consumer experience like no other.
Since our founding in 2020, Cart.com’s one-of-a-kind e-commerce platform has quickly redefined how brands operate online. With our end-to-end world-class tools and services, we empower brands to manage their stores, find more customers, and deliver their products in one seamless experience. It is our mission to give brands the same capabilities as the world's largest retailers so they can do more of what they love—getting their great products into the hands of amazing customers.
We are always looking for entrepreneurial, innovative and determined humans who are eager to creatively transform the e-commerce space. Sound like you? Come hop on the brandwagon and discover what Cart.com is all about.
Cart.com is building a community that is committed to living out these 6 core values:
- WE ARE OBSESSED WITH BRANDS: We live for brands and are fanatical about their success.
- WE THINK BEYOND THE BOX: We explore new ideas and discover creative solutions. We think openly about how to serve brands and solve problems.
- WE DON'T GIVE UP: No one expected this to be easy. We are resilient— we dig in and keep going.
- WE SPEAK UP: Every person here has an obligation to question norms, voice concerns, and offer their perspective.
- WE WORK TOGETHER: We work with integrity and respect, ask for help, and extend the same help to others.
- WE ARE HUMAN: Our people are our biggest strength. We have fun and make real connections with one another and with the brands we serve.
This position is open to applicants or individuals who are located in or willing to move to AZ, CO, FL, GA, IL, IN, MD, NV, NJ, NY, OH, OR, PA, TN, TX, UT
Cart.com is an ecommerce software and services company on a mission to democratize ecommerce and give digital merchants the freedom to grow. We are integrating all the pieces of the ecommerce value chain brands need to thrive, creating a truly end-to-end Ecommerce-as-a-Service platform that helps third party brands move faster, grow more quickly, and deliver on their promises more completely.
Cart.com is looking for a Director of Transportation who will partner with our FaaS (Fulfillment as a Service), Finance, and Business Development leaders to further accelerate our growth. You will help to drive top-line growth and profitability by working closely with our carriers and freight providers to manage rate cards, lead qualitative and quantitative analyses to inform strategic decisions, and identify initiatives and opportunities. The role will play an integral part in providing compelling solutions to new and existing clients.
The ideal candidate is a self-starter who exemplifies ownership, enjoys delivering impact in fast-paced environments, and is a world-class partner to leaders and teams. This person will report to and be mentored by the SVP of Fulfillment Operations.
What You’ll Do:
- Work closely with existing and potential freight providers to expand offering and resolve client issues
- Manage transportation/freight budgets, revenue, and expenses and report on performance metrics as applicable.
- Negotiate all carrier bid packages, carrier rates, carrier selection, carrier contracts, and freight payments process.
- Provide logistical analytics, reporting, and analysis for perpetual evaluation of network optimization, and freight margin. Build and run warehouse network models and freight simulations to support rate card optimization and the sales process.
- Develop network and client-level rate cards in conjunction with sales team.
- Ensure appropriate implementation of rate cards across clients, including correct shipping translations (e.g. “rate shopping”) within Cart’s WMS.
- Manage reconciliation process for carrier invoices to ensure accurate costs (billing from carriers) and revenue (billing to fulfillment clients).
- Support sales team by providing freight analysis for potential clients to include location and cost analysis
- Create tools to assist in providing strong analysis to new and existing clients
Who You Are:
- Experienced professional with strong background in 3PL transportation
- Support your leadership team on finding solutions to operational challenges as client needs evolve
- Identify opportunities to standardize to drive efficiency and lead the partnership
- High financial acumen
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Sense of urgency to identify and rally teams to address issues
- Problem solving thought process Lean thinker, continuous improvement leader
- Ability to plan, direct and implement site operations to meet planned KPIs and SLAs
- Organizational agility and good influencing skills
What You’ve Done:
- 10+ years of transportation, supply chain, finance, and/or business operations experience, ideally in an 3PL/eCommerce environment
- A high level cross functional partner with experience partnering with multiple VP+ stakeholders
- Experience in supporting both business development and current operations
- Thrive in a high growth and fast paced environment
- A self-starter and problem solver
- Proactive, numbers driven and an anticipated planner
- Strong analytical, planning, and budgeting skills. Ability to influence others.
- Experience with high growth companies, including financial models, P&Ls and KPIs
- Cross-functional experience partnering with multiple VP+ stakeholders
- Extensive knowledge in negotiating rates, services, and contracts
- Practice good time management and be deadline driven
- Ability to develop creative solutions and resolve problems quickly
Nice to Haves:
- Familiarity with startups and startup work environments a big plus
- Fast paced, high volume, multi-client, 3PL environment experience
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, engineering, business administration, economics, and/or accounting
Currently, Cart.com does not intend to hire candidates who will need, now or in the future, Cart.com sponsorship through any non-immigrant visa category such as the H-1B, H-1B1, E-3, O-1, or TN.
All hiring is contingent on eligibility to work in the United States. We are unable to sponsor or transfer visas for applicants.
Cart.com is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.