At Cart.com, our mantra is “Be Brand Obsessed”. Why? Because we know that our lives are shaped by the brands we interact with daily. As a new disruptor in e-commerce, Cart.com’s mission is to not only help brands scale seamlessly, but also build a deeper connection with their customers. We obsess over the brands we serve and the things they care about, and that passion is what drives us to provide a consumer experience like no other.
Since our founding in 2020, Cart.com’s one-of-a-kind e-commerce platform has quickly redefined how brands operate online. With our end-to-end world-class tools and services, we empower brands to manage their stores, find more customers, and deliver their products in one seamless experience. It is our mission to give brands the same capabilities as the world's largest retailers so they can do more of what they love—getting their great products into the hands of amazing customers.
We are always looking for entrepreneurial, innovative and determined humans who are eager to creatively transform the e-commerce space. Sound like you? Come hop on the brandwagon and discover what Cart.com is all about.
Cart.com is building a community that is committed to living out these 6 core values:
- WE ARE OBSESSED WITH BRANDS: We live for brands and are fanatical about their success.
- WE THINK BEYOND THE BOX: We explore new ideas and discover creative solutions. We think openly about how to serve brands and solve problems.
- WE DON'T GIVE UP: No one expected this to be easy. We are resilient— we dig in and keep going.
- WE SPEAK UP: Every person here has an obligation to question norms, voice concerns, and offer their perspective.
- WE WORK TOGETHER: We work with integrity and respect, ask for help, and extend the same help to others.
- WE ARE HUMAN: Our people are our biggest strength. We have fun and make real connections with one another and with the brands we serve.
Reports to the Director of Operations with key responsibilities in inbound and outbound operations in a multi-client operation. Responsibilities include managing all personnel, process, systems and products for Cart.com’s inbound and outbound operations. Inbound duties include scheduling deliveries, receiving, put away, kitting and returns; outbound activities include DTC & B2B order picking, packing, sorting and managing carrier pickups.
What You'll Do:
- Effective and prompt communication of key issues to CSMs as well as other fulfillment center departments to ensure that all are aware of any outbound processing concerns.
- Scheduling and management of labor models including matching of labor to forecasted requirements, appropriate oversite of key performance indicators and ability to motivate and improve departmental performance.
- Ensuring that all management and team members are appropriately trained in our warehouse management system and follow all SOP’s, meet SLA’s achieve UPH targets, maintain quality standards and operate as a cohesive unit.
- Development of weekly plans incorporating client forecasts, UPH analysis and capacity requirements.
- Effectively control and improve the inbound and outbound process while ensuring the all fulfillment activities from unloading to loading are properly organized and maintained.
- Support the company’s growth objectives by effectively communicating any capacity constraints or improvements needed to improve efficiency and throughputs.
- Ability to build an effective team including, retaining of key team members, eliminating safety obstacles, instilling pride in the departments supervised and ensuring effective communications on a regular basis.
- Mentoring and development of your team to ensure the best possible performance, career development and job satisfaction.
- Report on daily activities in EOD reports, metrics and weekly manager’s meetings.
- Additional duties may be assigned.
Who You Are:
- Prior Manager experience in 3PL operations or comparable experience
- 5+ years progressive operational and managerial experience in an eCommerce fulfillment or similar logistics distribution environment.
- Proven leader. Ability to build a team. Capable of motivating, training, and leading a team into performing at extraordinary levels
- Experience in a direct-to-consumer, pick-and-pack environment
- Must be able to utilize data to support decisions and drive success in your responsible areas
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Fluency in English required.
- Proficiency in MS Office, including Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, etc.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
Nice To Haves:
- Proficiency in Spanish a plus.
- Experience in an automated environment is a plus.
- Knowledgeable in continuous improvement methodologies a plus
Physical Demands & Working Conditions:
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer
- Must be able to access and navigate the production facility
- Must be able to lift 15 pounds at a time
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Cart.com is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.