Distribution Center Operations Supervisor
Who We Are:
So, you’ve heard about being #addedtocart
At Cart.com, our mantra is “Be Brand Obsessed”. Why? Because we know that our lives are shaped by the brands we interact with daily. As a new disruptor in e-commerce, Cart.com’s mission is to not only help brands scale seamlessly, but also build a deeper connection with their customers. We obsess over the brands we serve and the things they care about, and that passion is what drives us to provide a consumer experience like no other.
Since our founding in 2020, Cart.com’s one-of-a-kind e-commerce platform has quickly redefined how brands operate online. With our end-to-end world-class tools and services, we empower brands to manage their stores, find more customers, and deliver their products in one seamless experience. It is our mission to give brands the same capabilities as the world's largest retailers so they can do more of what they love—getting their great products into the hands of amazing customers.
We are always looking for entrepreneurial, innovative and determined humans who are eager to creatively transform the e-commerce space. Sound like you? Come hop on the brandwagon and discover what Cart.com is all about.
Cart.com is building a community that is committed to living out these 6 core values:
- WE ARE OBSESSED WITH BRANDS: We live for brands and are fanatical about their success.
- WE THINK BEYOND THE BOX: We explore new ideas and discover creative solutions. We think openly about how to serve brands and solve problems.
- WE DON'T GIVE UP: No one expected this to be easy. We are resilient— we dig in and keep going.
- WE SPEAK UP: Every person here has an obligation to question norms, voice concerns, and offer their perspective.
- WE WORK TOGETHER: We work with integrity and respect, ask for help, and extend the same help to others.
- WE ARE HUMAN: Our people are our biggest strength. We have fun and make real connections with one another and with the brands we serve.
This position is open to applicants or individuals who are located in or willing to move to AZ, CO, FL, GA, IL, IN, MD, NV, NJ, NY, OH, OR, PA, TN, TX, UT.
Responsible for achieving customer satisfaction for client customers, maintaining schedules and deadlines, maintain performance standards and taking adequate measures to monitor and control performance, supervise and develop an effective work force promoting team concept, monitoring training and progress of new associates.
What You’ll Do:
- Supervises an area that meets volume, service and cost requirements
- Make daily staff adjustments that result in effective cost control
- Provides leadership, communication, and coaching to associates to ensure development, continuous improvement and achievement of departmental goals
- Responsible for product flow, safety, productivity, accuracy, quality and inventory control
- Administers and maintains the organizations standards, policies and procedures, to include the company’s core values and teamshare plus accountability
- Partners with peers and colleagues daily to foster teamwork and performance throughout the facility
- Ability to demonstrate innovative thinking and use of a teamwork approach with associates
- Knowledge in material handling and automated inventory management system in a distribution environment
Who You Are:
- Operate with the highest level of conduct, integrity, and confidentiality; setting the example for leaders and associates.
- Develop and nurture strong cross functional partnerships; driving business results and inspiring a culture of transparency, collaboration, and accountability.
- Serve as an advocate in the industry and marketplace.
- Recruit, identify, develop, and retain talent that delivers performance excellence.
- As a manager, serve as a leader of company culture, norms, and conduct.
- Ability to balance a strong management presence with a high level of approachability, encouraging and eliciting associate feedback and interaction.
What You’ve Done:
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- 2-3 years of experience as a supervisor in a distribution/fulfillment center
- College degree preferred
- Prior experience in a highly mechanized distribution/fulfillment environment
- Prior experience in supervising a large group of associates in a fast-paced production environment
- Knowledge and use of computer-controlled conveyor and sorting equipment as well as material handling equipment preferred
Nice to Haves:
- Retail experience helpful
Physical Demands & Working Conditions:
- Able to withstand moderate physical activity (standing, walking, bending, stooping over, reaching, etc.).
- Able to lift and carry up to 25-30 lbs. on occasion (document boxes, files, binders, and other items)
- Able to maintain attention and concentration for extended periods of time
- Able to work overtime
Currently, Cart.com does not intend to hire candidates who will need, now or in the future, Cart.com sponsorship through any non-immigrant visa category such as the H-1B, H-1B1, E-3, O-1, or TN.
All hiring is contingent on eligibility to work in the United States. We are unable to sponsor or transfer visas for applicants.
Cart.com is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.