Physician Assistant or Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner
Eating Recovery Center
Seeking a Physician Assistant or Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner to care for individuals with eating disorders at our Eating Recovery Center in Hunt Valley, Maryland.
Who we are:
ERC Pathlight comprise the nation’s leading mental health care system dedicated to the treatment of eating disorders and primary mood, anxiety and trauma-related disorders. Working closely with patients and their families, our multi-disciplinary treatment programs illuminate the path forward and provide patients with a foundation for long-lasting mental wellness.
Provide acute and chronic general medical care, treatment and history/physicals on patients admitted for behavioral health services. The usual workday is from 8 AM until 5 PM Monday through Friday. The Physician Assistant (PA-C) works in collaboration with and under the primary supervision of an Eating Recovery Center physician. The PA-C will have direct care with Child and Adult Patients. Care is provided in accordance with applicable scope and standards of practice and with the policies, values, and mission of the organization.
Hunt Valley, Maryland
Duties and Responsibilities
- Obtain patient history and perform assessment via observation, interview, and examination.
- Orders, performs, and interprets diagnostic studies.
- Provides counseling and education of patients and their families/caregivers concerning preventative health and wellness, treatment options, and community resources.
- Provides care in the context of promoting age and culture-appropriate informed choices, shared decision-making, and the right to self-determination.
Skills and Abilities
- Broad based general medical knowledge.
- Psychiatric experience working with Psychiatric population as a Psych tech or Floor Nursing is required.
- Must be able to work collaboratively within a multidisciplinary treatment team.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Within scope of job, requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with supervision.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment, seek consultation when needed and take appropriate action.
- Knowledge of psychiatry and psychiatric drugs preferred.
Prior nursing experience in the identified area. Certification in specialty area preferred.
Minimum Required Education:
Master's degree in nursing and graduate of an accredited Physician Assistant or Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner program with specialization in area of practice.
Preferred: 5 years of experience in the identified area of expertise.
Licenses and Certifications
- Unrestricted Nurse Practitioner license by the State Board of Nursing in the state of practice or compact privileges under the multi-state Nurse Licensure Compact agreement.
- Allied Health credentialing through Medical Staff Services office required.
- Prescriptive authority as appropriate, per medical staff service privileging process. Certification by the ANCC (American Nurses Credentialing Center), licensing verification by the State Board of Nursing, search of the HSS, EPLS, and DEA systems.
Our benefits package:
- Competitive wages & Advancement opportunities
- Full Benefits 1st of month after hire
- Modern Health – Mental wellness platform for your well-being
- Health, Dental, Vision, Disability and Life insurance
- Parental Leave
- Adoption Assistance
- PTO – upon hire, accrue up to 24 days
- 401(K) with Company Match
- Flexible Spending Account Program
- IAEDP™ Approved Supervisors on staff
- Full-service credentialing