Behavioral Health Counselor Supervisor
Eating Recovery Center
We are looking for a Behavioral Health Counselor Supervisor has shown competence and excellence in the Behavioral Health Counselor role as outline below. The BHC supervisor will be able to provide patient supervision and support, facilitate psycho-educational groups as needed, provide structure/boundaries and contribute to implementation of therapeutic programming.
To better understand our mission, watch the video below:
We are seeking skilled individuals who want to join our team:
- In saving, strengthening and supporting patients and their families
- In believing that it is not about the eating disorder, it is about lasting recovery
- In practicing the belief that quality care is driven by quality people
- In helping restore healthy lives
Essential Lead Duties and Responsibilities:
- Mentor, coach, train and orient new BHC’s by providing hands on training and supervision for BHC’s while fostering a sense of teamwork
- Oversee, maintain, coordinate and communicate weekly outings
- Maintain the outing budget
- Consults effectively with nursing and knows how to appropriately utilize the on call doctor
- Works directly with leadership to assure consistency with staffing and programming. Demonstrates a capacity to problem solve needs for the program day and implement changes. This includes being a backup BHC for shortages on the floor, commits to working an identified weekend shift and is able to cover for other Lead BHC’s as needed.
- Provides leadership for BHCs during program day and ensures continuity and quality of program
- Educates staff on Policies and Procedures
- Reviews and approves weekend updates.
- Encourages reluctant and/or resistant patients to stay in the program and build motivation
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in psychology, social work or related field. Master’s degree preferred.
- At least 2 years experience working with people with mental disorders. Eating disorder treatment experience preferred.
Required License or Certification:
- Driver’s license is required with safe driving record
- A competency-driven core culture, offering a great place to work in addition to providing world-class care to our patients
- IAEDP™ Approved Supervisors on staff
- Competitive wages
- Advancement opportunities
- Excellent fringe benefits
- Health, Dental, Vision, Disability and Life insurance
- Paid Time Off
- 401(K) with Company Match
- Flexible Spending Account Program
The compensation range for the BHC Supervisor role ranges from $22.00-24.00/hr plus shift differential. Increased ranges are based upon market expectations and are dependent upon candidate experience.