Licensed Practical Nurse - Topeka, KS
- Interviews patient to determine medical problem/condition and documents in chart for physician.
- Obtains and records patient's vital signs and weight.
- Assists physician with patient examination as needed.
- Reviews physician's orders, lab requests, or follow-up needs with patient.
- Documents services performed on appropriate forms.
- Dresses wounds as instructed. Applies compresses, ice and heat packs.
- Observes patients and reports adverse reactions to medication or treatment to medical personnel in charge.
- Administers specified medication, orally or by subcutaneous or intermuscular injection, and notes time and amount on patients' charts.
- Assembles and uses clinic equipment.
- Collects samples, such as urine, blood, and sputum, from patients for testing and performs routine laboratory tests on samples.
- Sterilizes equipment and supplies.
- Cleans rooms and changes linens.
- Maintains supplies, including stocking and ordering new supplies and disposing of expired or damaged supplies.
- Responds to patient or client telephone inquiries by evaluating and responding to the patient's/client problems and questions.
- Follows up with patients who miss appointments.
- Follows up with patients on lab results, including the scheduling of any additional tests.
- Coordinates referrals for patients through insurance and other physician offices.
- Documents all encounters in the electronic medical record system (eCW) accurately and completely
- This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Graduate of National League for Nursing accredited program, Associate's degree (A.S.) and/or equivalent from two-year college or technical school.
- Licensed as a Practical or Vocational Nurse, Current Certification in Basic Life Support is required
- At least three years of clinical experience as a LPN/LVN in an ambulatory care, occupational health, or emergency department setting.
- Knowledge about workplace health and safety concepts and OSHA regulations.
- Strong computer skills (Internet software, spreadsheet, word processing etc.) preferred.
- Knowledge and experience with Electronic Medical Records preferred.
- Experience with Microsoft office products to include Word and Excel.
- Phlebotomy experience preferred
Pay Range: $21.00-$25.00/hr
The actual offer may vary dependent upon geographic location and the candidate’s years of experience and/or skill level.