Registered Dietitian Nutritionist (RDN) - Indianapolis, IN (40 hours Weekly, PTO and Benefits)
ABOUT THE JOB
The registered dietitian/nutritionist (RDN) is a key component of the comprehensive health care team. The RDN provides the highest level of nutrition intervention allowed, as defined by the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics. The RDN can provide both medical nutrition therapy as well as nutrition counseling. The RDNs may work on-site within the Everside primary care health centers or provide care via virtual platforms.
The RDN will present evidenced based information on how to improve health, prevent disease, and modify behaviors to individual patients as well as client groups through diet, nutrition and behavior changes. The RDN will be responsible for, quarterly reports for the account management team for clients’ review, conducting meetings, and planning informative, interesting, and effective programs.
This position is part of the integrated health center team, working with the health center provider, staff, account management team as well as the Population Health and Wellness Team supporting the primary care setting and expanding the comprehensive care of participants. The RDN will support the existing diabetes management program with coordination of care and MNT.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide individual MNT for individuals referred by providers
- Develop and promote dietary education programs as needed
- Work with and educate on-site providers about dietary strategies and interventions
- Review client population health and risk assessment information, as requested, and consult on dietary programs to increase the effectiveness of on-site programs
- Will be partner with the client’s existing chronic disease management program, providing MNT, feedback and critical data management for the existing program
- Other duties as assigned
Bachelor’s Degree in a nutrition related program. Master’s Degree preferred. Registered Dietitian Nutritionist (RDN), Registration with the Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR) plus a minimum of 5 years’ experience. Current state licensure as a Dietitian (L.D.) At least 2 years of inpatient or outpatient diabetes care and education plus at least 2 years’ experience working with individuals with chronic conditions. Minimum 2 years charting in EMR in a clinical setting. Demonstrates proficiency in virtual and on-site delivery of the Nutrition Care Process, Nutrition Counseling and Nutrition Education
- Customer service abilities including effective listening skills
- Demonstrated competence in multi-tasking
- High energy personal style and aptitude for process-oriented thinking
- Demonstrated passion for health and wellness
- Demonstrated proficiency in use of Microsoft Office products
- Ability to work well with clinical teams.
- Demonstrates good communication skills
Pay Range: $65,000 - $75,000/yr
The actual offer may vary dependent upon geographic location and the candidate’s years of experience and/or skill level.
Everside Benefits Summary
We believe in empowering teammates to do their best work and build better healthcare. Below are some of our benefit offerings. Eligibility is based on 24/hr week.
- Health and Well-Being: Free Everside membership for in person and virtual care, employer paid life and disability insurance, and choice in medical/dental plans, vision, employer funded HSA, FSA, and voluntary illness, accident and hospitalization plans. Benefits are effective on the first of the month following date of hire.
- Financial Support: Competitive compensation, 401k match, access to financial coaching through our Employee Assistance Program
- Lifestyle: Paid time off for vacation, sick leave, and more, holiday schedule
Learn more at https://www.eversidehealth.com/careers/