PRN Optometrist - Lawton, OK
Purpose of the Position:
Under the direction of the Site Medical Director and Health Center Manager, the Optometrist is responsible for assuring that all patients receive quality vision care. The Optometrist monitors the effectiveness of the vision Clinic to assure that the highest standard of healthcare is provided.
· Acts as the primary interface with the Clinic Medical Director and Health Center Manager
· Assures that the Vision Clinic is fully operational during Clinic hours and that services are available as scheduled
· Supervises opticians and other optical staff in cooperation with the Health Center Manager
· Provides and assures that patients receive appropriate routine eye exams and urgent care, as well as other vision care that is appropriate in the care setting
· Assures that referrals are made in a timely manner to specialists or other providers when medically necessary
· Assures that the patient's treatment is monitored and coordinated
· Assures that the documentation of care as represented in the medical records meets established standards of quality and is properly entered into electronic medical record system.
· Acts as a day-to-day resource to physicians and medical Clinic staff regarding vision care issues.
· Reviews medical utilization data in concert with the Health Center Manager and staff physicians and participates in studies to develop cost benefit information for the primary care vision Clinic
· Conducts monthly staff meetings and maintains records of such meetings
· Participate in the recruiting process to include referrals, interviews and/or skills assessments
· Works cooperatively with Clinic management team to assure a productive and smooth vision Clinic operation
· Assists the Health Center Manager in responding to patient concerns about care issues and works to solve problems and improve patient care
· Assists in the preparation, investigation, and follow-up of incident reports
· Develops vision care protocols, policies and procedures to assure compliance with accepted standards of quality
· Assists in the promotion of the vision/medical Clinic
· Maintains OSHA compliance standards
· Other duties as assigned
· Valid O.D. state license. Board certified or eligible in Optometry
· Current Certification in AHA or ARC Basic Life Support for healthcare provider
· One (1) to three (3) years of experience in a leadership position
Pay Range: $60.00-$70.00/hr
The actual offer may vary dependent upon geographic location and the candidate’s years of experience and/or skill level.