Medical Receptionist - Berwyn, IL
ABOUT THE JOB
Everside Health medical receptionists provide administrative support in Everside On-Site medical clinics.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Welcomes patients and visitors by greeting them, in person or on the telephone; answering and/or referring inquiries
- Optimizes patients' satisfaction, provider time, and treatment room utilization by scheduling appointments in person or by telephone
- Keeps patient appointments on schedule by notifying provider of patient's arrival; reviewing service delivery compared to schedule; reminding provider of service delays
- Comforts patients by anticipating patients' anxieties and answering questions
- Ensures availability of treatment information for the provider by filing and retrieving patient records
- Maintains patient accounts by obtaining, recording, and updating personal and financial information.
- May complete prior authorization paperwork for insurance, fax communications for referrals, or perform similar administrative duties.
- Maintain front reception area in a clean and professional looking manner. May also be responsible for stocking and re-stocking office equipment and work with delivery services to manage outgoing and incoming deliveries.
- Assist Medical Assistants with Electronic Medical Record (EMR) data entry by entering patient information and other information as required. May scan and upload forms as necessary.
- Maintain confidentiality of patients and their records
- Perform other duties as assigned or required
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required and 1-3 years of related professional experience in a medical office environment or equivalent combination of education and experience. Associate degree in healthcare or a related field preferred. Must be proficient in the use of an electronic medical record system; prior experience with ECW strongly preferred.
Pay Range: $20.00-$24.00/hr
The actual offer may vary dependent upon geographic location and the candidate’s years of experience and/or skill level.
Everside Benefits Summary
We believe in empowering teammates to do their best work and build better healthcare. Below are some of our benefit offerings. Eligibility is based on 24/hr week.
- Health and Well-Being: Free Everside membership for in person and virtual care, employer paid life and disability insurance, and choice in medical/dental plans, vision, employer funded HSA, FSA, and voluntary illness, accident and hospitalization plans. Benefits are effective on the first of the month following date of hire.
- Financial Support: Competitive compensation, 401k match, access to financial coaching through our Employee Assistance Program
- Lifestyle: Paid time off for vacation, sick leave, and more, holiday schedule
Learn more at https://www.eversidehealth.com/careers/