Lead Medical Assistant
ABOUT THE JOB
The purpose of the role as a Lead Medical Assistant at Everside Health is to be involved in a wide range of tasks which includes administrative, front office, clinical activities, and health center specific supervision and leadership. The Lead Medical Assistant aids the providers and clinical team in delivering clinical services and promoting health and wellness.
The Lead Medical Assistant ensures that the health center(s) has supplies, staff, and resources to allow the effective delivery of patient services and must manage the flow of patients and services in a way that delivers an exceptional patient experience.
The Lead Medical Assistant must understand the work environment of the Everside health center to meet the needs of the members and their families to facilitate the timeliness and appropriate scheduling of services required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Primary point of communication for distribution of information to medical assistants and other care team members
- Lead day-to-day health center activities
- Go-to for MA questions and concerns
- Train & support new Mas
- Ensure administrative work is being executed daily
- Performs front-office duties, including patient scheduling, phones, check-in, check-out, and other related tasks
- May run specific reports as trained and selected
- Perform monthly pharmacy inventory
- Escorts patients to exam room, obtains vitals, and completes intake process
- Reviews previous medical information and gathers health updates from the patient
- Documents care provided accurately in patient records
- Performs specimen collection, phlebotomy and point-of-care lab tests
- Prepares and administers approved medications and immunizations via oral, topical, inhaled, intramuscular, subcutaneous, or intradermal from provider orders (as permitted by state regulations)
- Gives injections, bandage wounds, assists with procedures
- Coordinates and follows up on referrals, including specialist visits, imaging, procedures, and other care provided outside of Everside Health
- Dispenses medications per provider’s order (as permitted by state regulations)
- Partners with provider to identify and address gaps in care
- Ensures exam rooms are thoroughly cleaned and stocked
- Maintain confidentiality of patients and their protected health information
- Performs daily and monthly quality checks
- Ensures health center is appropriately stocked with medical and office supplies
- Partners with supervisor or regional manager to order supplies, repair equipment, and maintain the health center to provide an outstanding care environment while remaining within budget
- Provides an outstanding experience to patients and families as reflected in Net Promoter Score surveys
- Participates in patient outreach to drive engagement among eligible patients
- Helps to manage the schedule to provide access to patients
High school diploma required plus graduation from a formal MA training program and 2+ years’ experience preferred as a medical assistant, ideally in primary care. National or state-specific MA certification (dependent on local regulations). Must be able to give injections, complete EKGs, and perform other office-based procedures.
- Communicates in an individualized manner in every encounter with the patient and provider.
- Demonstrates effective communication skills with patients
- Positive and supportive interaction with all patients
- Passionate about transforming the way healthcare is delivered
- Desire to improve the quality of care for people
- Enjoys working in a collaborative team environment where patients come first
- Excited to work in an innovative primary care delivery model
- Entrepreneurial spirit and a passion for creating and driving best practices in care
- Willingness to go the extra mile for patients
Pay Range: $21.00-2.00/hr
The actual offer may vary dependent upon geographic location and the candidate’s years of experience and/or skill level.
Everside Benefits Summary
We believe in empowering teammates to do their best work and build better healthcare. Below are some of our benefit offerings. Eligibility is based on 24/hr week.
- Health and Well-Being: Free Everside membership for in person and virtual care, employer paid life and disability insurance, and choice in medical/dental plans, vision, employer funded HSA, FSA, and voluntary illness, accident and hospitalization plans. Benefits are effective on the first of the month following date of hire.
- Financial Support: Competitive compensation, 401k match, access to financial coaching through our Employee Assistance Program
- Lifestyle: Paid time off for vacation, sick leave, and more, holiday schedule
Learn more at https://www.eversidehealth.com/careers/