Registered Dietitian Nutritionist - 24hrs/wk with Benefits - South Bend, IN
Everside Health is a national on-site, near-site and virtual primary care provider on a mission to fix America’s broken healthcare delivery model. We are technology-driven and care-obsessed. With our expanding reach, scale, and expertise, we truly make an impact on a national level by serving more clients and improving the health of more people, all while achieving the goal of reducing the total cost of healthcare for employers and organizations. That’s why we exist – and our relentless focus through care delivery access, technology, transparency, and relationships drives us every day.
ABOUT THE JOB
The Registered Dietitian/Nutritionist (RDN) is a key component of the comprehensive health care team. The RDN provides the highest level of nutrition intervention allowed, as defined by the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics. The RDN can provide both medical nutrition therapy as well as nutrition counseling. The RDNs may work on-site within the Everside primary care health centers or provide care via virtual platforms.
The RDN may facilitate, develop, monitor, measure, and report on dietary educational programs to compliment the On-Site Everside Health and Wellness Center maintained and coordinated by Everside Health.
The RDN will provide MNT for patients referred by their Everside provider, focusing on patients with one or more chronic condition risk factors that are impacted by nutrition and nutrition interventions. The RDN also may provide nutrition counseling and nutrition education to individuals and groups as appropriate.
The RDN will present evidenced based information on how to improve health, prevent disease, and modify behaviors to individual patients as well as client groups through diet, nutrition and behavior changes. The RDN will be responsible for, quarterly reports for the account management team for clients’ review, conducting meetings, and planning informative, interesting, and effective programs.
This position is part of the integrated health center team, working with the health center provider, staff, account management team as well as the Population Health and Wellness Team supporting the primary care setting and expanding the comprehensive care of participants. The RDN will support the existing diabetes management program with coordination of care and MNT.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide individual MNT for individuals referred by providers
- Develop and promote dietary education programs as needed
- Work with and educate on-site providers about dietary strategies and interventions
- Review client population health and risk information, as requested, and consult on dietary programs to increase the effectiveness of on-site programs
- Will be partner with the client’s existing diabetes management program, providing MNT, feedback and critical data management for the existing program.
- Stays current on new, innovative dietary and nutrition skills, knowledge, interventions and behavior change to promote wellness, prevent chronic diseases and manage chronic diseases that are impacted by nutrition
- Ability to work onsite 24hrs/week
- Bachelor’s Degree in a nutrition related program; Master’s Degree preferred. Registered Dietitian Nutritionist (RDN) and registered with the Commission of Dietetic Registration (CDR) for at least 5 years.
- Current state licensure as a Dietitian (L.D.) and licensed in the state where MNT will be delivered.
- 2 years' + experience working with individuals with chronic conditions. Demonstrated proficiency in virtual and on-site delivery of the Nutrition Care Process, Nutrition Counseling and Nutrition Education.
- Customer service abilities including effective listening skills
- Demonstrated competence in multi-tasking
- High energy personal style and aptitude for process-oriented thinking
- Demonstrated passion for health and wellness
- Demonstrated proficiency in use of Microsoft Office products
- Ability to work well with clinical teams.
- Demonstrates good communication skills
Pay Range: $39,000 - $45,000/yr for a 24 hours per week schedule.
The actual offer may vary dependent upon geographic location and the candidate’s years of experience and/or skill level.
Everside Benefits Summary
We believe in empowering teammates to do their best work and build better healthcare. Below are some of our benefit offerings. Eligibility is based on 24/hr week.
- Health and Well-Being: Free Everside membership for in person and virtual care, employer paid life and disability insurance, and choice in medical/dental plans, vision, employer funded HSA, FSA, and voluntary illness, accident and hospitalization plans. Benefits are effective on the first of the month following date of hire.
- Financial Support: Competitive compensation, 401k match, access to financial coaching through our Employee Assistance Program
- Lifestyle: Paid time off for vacation, sick leave, and more, holiday schedule
Learn more at https://www.eversidehealth.com/careers/