Product Support Engineer
Feedzai is the world’s first RiskOps platform for financial risk management, and the market leader in safeguarding global commerce with today’s most advanced cloud-based risk management platform, powered by machine learning and artificial intelligence. Feedzai is securing the transition to a cashless world while enabling digital trust in every transaction and payment type. The world’s largest banks, processors, and retailers trust Feedzai to protect trillions of dollars and manage risk while improving the customer experience for everyday users, without compromising privacy. Feedzai is a Series D company and has raised $282M to date. With a valuation of +$1.5B, the company's technology protects 900 million people in 190 countries.
The Product Support Engineer serves as front-line contact for our external customers by resolving pre-production and post-production technical issues and taking ownership until those issues are resolved. This role involves the analysis of complex problems from Feedzai's product and an in-depth examination of the interaction between the product and the customer's origin infrastructure. The Product Support Engineer plays a key role in supporting our clients and development teams.
You are a natural problem solver who enjoys interacting with people from varied backgrounds. You're able to think and reason clearly, you can learn technical issues quickly and you can communicate to customers with patience and empathy. You are a good-humoured team player, someone who’s reliable and accountable. You care for the quality of your work and for the success of the product you're helping to improve. You like owning a customer’s issue until it is resolved, doing your best to create Customer Delight.
Your Day to Day:
- Serve as front-line contact for our external customers by resolving pre-production and post-production technical issues
- Acting as a technical expert on Feedzai products, demonstrating leadership and working independently to resolve complex technical problems, including escalations to our development team
- Resolve technical issues related to product and infrastructure in a 24x7 environment
- Define, coordinate, and prioritize customer feedback and ideas into engineering requirements for future enhancements of services. Work closely with Engineering and Customer SuccessTeam to implement these enhancements
- Occasionally work on internal bugs and supporting tools
You Have & You Know-how:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a related field
- 2+ years of Java application support experience
- At least 1 year of Client-facing experience, preferably in a 24X7 environment, with on-call duties
- HTTP, REST APIs and JSON
- Basic networking knowledge to debug network issues (e.g. DNS)
- Unix, Log processing/log analysis
- Knowledge of database management (i.e., SQL)
- Familiarity with the infrastructure necessary to support a dynamic website (load balancers, connecting to databases, etc)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Ability to work autonomously in a fast-paced environment
- Understanding or experience with Cassandra databases (cqlsh)
- Experience with container platforms such as Docker
- Knowledge of messaging systems (RabbitMQ, ActiveMQ, ZeroMQ)
- Previous experience with Data Science (Machine Learning, modelling, algorithms)
- Fluent in a second language, preferably one of the following: Spanish, French or German
The Customer Success Team is responsible for delivering our product to our clients. This includes education, configuration, solution development, and risk strategy to enable our clients to address their pain points. We collaborate with our clients to ensure they have the right solution, build out a strategy and training plan for them, and then support them through each phase of our client lifecycle. We grow at a fast clip and believe no challenge is too big or too small. Therefore, we have an open environment that encourages us to lean in, try new things, and discover our potential. Join Us!
Your First 30-Days at Feedzai:
You will be immersed in our brand with training, connections, and one-on-one time with your manager. You may shadow your colleagues virtually or onsite at an office depending on where you work as you are supported through your Feedzai journey. In addition, you will have access to a ton of information to give you history, context, and all the knowledge you can handle about Feedzai and the team. Finally, you will start working on projects and collaborating on work currently being done. We can't wait to have you join the team!
Feedzai is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Feedzai does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.
Feedzai will use the personal data you provide us with by filling out this form for reviewing your application and to potentially negotiate a contract with you. Your personal data will be retained by Feedzai for 24 months following your application. Please see our Privacy Notice available at https://feedzai.com/about-us/privacy/ for more information on how we process your personal data.