Senior Software Engineer
Feedzai is the world’s first RiskOps platform for financial risk management, and the market leader in safeguarding global commerce with today’s most advanced cloud-based risk management platform, powered by machine learning and artificial intelligence. Feedzai is securing the transition to a cashless world while enabling digital trust in every transaction and payment type. The world’s largest banks, processors, and retailers trust Feedzai to protect trillions of dollars and manage risk while improving the customer experience for everyday users, without compromising privacy. Feedzai is a Series D company and has raised $282M to date. With a valuation of +$1.5B, the company's technology protects 900 million people in 190 countries.
The Engineering (Tech) Team is responsible for all Feedzai product development. Together with Product Management and Data Science, we build the next generation of tools to catch fraud in real-time with a machine learning first approach. Formed by engineers and managed by engineers, at Feedzai, you will find one of the most talented teams out there, from junior to senior engineers.
We are fast-paced and provide a safe, open, and collaborative environment that encourages us to lean in, try new things and discover our potential with continuous learning for everyone.
While building the best value for our customers, you will work with a wide range of technical challenges. Such as building distributed systems that need to operate 24/7 and ultra-low latencies, solving UI/UX problems to help fraud analysts to fight fraud more efficiently. In addition, designing extensive databases from relational, NoSQL and graphs, validate and develop new data science techniques and algorithms.
You are a passionate professional with the talent to push engineering excellence, challenge the status quo, and make things happen.
You will excel if you are curious, have a critical mindset, and can drive scalable technical solutions that mesh with our business goals. On a daily basis, you’ll have the chance to work on subjects such as Distributed Applications, Low Latency, Scalability and Machine Learning.
Your Day to Day:
- Be hands-on, executing the full software development life cycle.
- Coach and mentor your junior peers on code, architecture, and technology decisions.
- Contribute to best practices and guidelines for software development.
- Engage in recruiting activities that allow Feedzai to draw top talent.
You Have & You Know-how:
- BSc/MSc degree in Computer Science, or a similar technical degree;
- Critical mindset and autonomy. As a Senior Software Engineer, you’ll be influencing the product’s architecture and standards;
- 4+ years of experience in developing and delivering advanced applications. As a Senior Software Engineer, you’ll be hands-on executing the full software development life cycle, writing well-designed and testable code. We value experience in the following topics:
- Java (or similar) and JVM;
- Multi-threading programming;
- OO design principles and patterns;
- Building applications that have a high demand for performance and scalability (eg. supporting thousands of users, or requiring high throughput and low latency).
- Knowledge of Zookeeper, Kafka, Docker, Kubernetes is a plus. We do not expect you to know everything. Instead, we focus on foundational knowledge: most systems are variants of one another after all.
- Good technical communication skills. As a Senior Software Engineer, most other Software Engineers will look up to you as a leader by example;
- Experience in designing and operating large production systems. As a Senior Software Engineer, you will also be responsible to provide support and improvements to our production clients, always with the goal of improving the quality and resilience of our product;
The Product Team builds our product to disrupt the financial crime industry from a data-led approach. We partner with our clients using a holistic lens and have result-driven solutions to manage financial risk with a cloud-first platform and a world-class UX interface. Being part of this team, you have a voice in planning, strategizing, and challenging the status quo. Your thoughts and ideas are valued. Our fast-paced and open environment encourages us to lean in, try new things, and discover our potential. We define and act on what could be in tomorrow's world, not on what is today. Join Us!
Your First 30-Days at Feedzai:
You will be immersed in our brand with training, connections, and one-on-one time with your manager. You may shadow your colleagues virtually or onsite at an office depending on where you work as you are supported through your Feedzai journey. In addition, you will have access to a ton of information to give you history, context, and all the knowledge you can handle about Feedzai and the team. Finally, you will start working on projects and collaborating on work currently being done. We can't wait to have you join the team!
Feedzai is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Feedzai does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.
Feedzai will use the personal data you provide us with by filling out this form for reviewing your application and to potentially negotiate a contract with you. Your personal data will be retained by Feedzai for 24 months following your application. Please see our Privacy Notice available at https://feedzai.com/about-us/privacy/ for more information on how we process your personal data.