Junior Research Scientist
Feedzai is the world’s first RiskOps platform for financial risk management, and the market leader in safeguarding global commerce with today’s most advanced cloud-based risk management platform, powered by machine learning and artificial intelligence. Feedzai is securing the transition to a cashless world while enabling digital trust in every transaction and payment type. The world’s largest banks, processors, and retailers trust Feedzai to protect trillions of dollars and manage risk while improving the customer experience for everyday users, without compromising privacy. Feedzai is a Series D company and has raised $282M to date. With a valuation of +$1.5B, the company's technology protects 900 million people in 190 countries.
At Feedzai Research, our goal is to develop advanced RiskOps solutions for detecting financial fraud and preventing money laundering, while strongly adhering to Responsible AI practices. We combine deep tech expertise with practical application, creating an environment where scientific exploration and innovation are highly valued. This is an ideal setting for those eager to contribute to AI research and see its real-world effects in the financial sector. Join us at Feedzai Research, where innovative AI meets practical solutions.
In this role as a entry level Research Scientist, you will be actively engaged in exploring and developing new AI technologies in advanced machine learning topics such as generative AI, algorithmic fairness, explainability, adversarial robustness, graph neural networks, AutoML, synthetic data generation, or human-AI teaming. Your contributions will be crucial in pushing the boundaries of AI in financial services.
Your Day to Day:
- Conduct AI research, under the guidance of senior scientists, using real-world data from the world’s largest financial institutions;
- Apply your analytical skills to investigate and solve complex, highly dynamical and adversarial problems in financial crime (e.g., fraud, money laundering, behavioral biometrics);
- Collaborate with interdisciplinary teams to gain insights and contribute to product innovation, co-invent patents, publish papers in top AI conferences, and contribute to open-source software;
- Be encouraged to explore your interests in AI technology and its impact, contributing to the company's mission of responsible AI development.
This position offers a unique opportunity to grow professionally in the rapidly evolving field of AI in a highly innovative environment while contributing to stopping financial crime.
You Have and Know How:
- MSc (or soon to graduate) in Engineering, Physics, Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, or a related quantitative field;
- High analytical skills with a strong drive and research curiosity;
- Proficiency in coding with Python;
- An interest in and thoughtfulness about the impacts of AI technology;
- Nice to have: Basic knowledge in Machine Learning, or proficiency in Linear Algebra, Statistics, Algorithms & Data Structures.
Join us in shaping the future of Responsible AI in financial services. Apply now!
Your First 30-Days at Feedzai:
You will be immersed in our brand with training, connections, and one-on-one time with your manager. You may shadow your colleagues virtually or onsite at an office depending on where you work as you are supported through your Feedzai journey. In addition, you will have access to a ton of information to give you history, context, and all the knowledge you can handle about Feedzai and the team. Finally, you will start working on projects and collaborating on work currently being done. We can't wait to have you join the team!
Feedzai is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Feedzai does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.
Feedzai will use the personal data you provide us with by filling out this form for reviewing your application and to potentially negotiate a contract with you. Your personal data will be retained by Feedzai for 24 months following your application. Please see our Privacy Notice available at https://feedzai.com/about-us/privacy/ for more information on how we process your personal data.