Engineering Manager - Customer Enablement
Feedzai is the world’s first RiskOps platform for financial risk management, and the market leader in safeguarding global commerce with today’s most advanced cloud-based risk management platform, powered by machine learning and artificial intelligence. Feedzai is securing the transition to a cashless world while enabling digital trust in every transaction and payment type. The world’s largest banks, processors, and retailers trust Feedzai to protect trillions of dollars and manage risk while improving the customer experience for everyday users, without compromising privacy. Feedzai is a Series D company and has raised $282M to date. With a valuation of +$1.5B, the company's technology protects 900 million people in 190 countries.
The Engineering (Tech) Team is responsible for all Feedzai product development. Together with Product Management and Data Science, we build the next generation of tools to catch fraud in real-time with a machine learning first approach. Formed by engineers and managed by engineers, at Feedzai, you will find one of the most talented teams out there, from junior to senior engineers.
We are fast-paced and provide a safe, open, and collaborative environment that encourages us to lean in, try new things and discover our potential with continuous learning for everyone.
While building the best value for our customers, you will work with a wide range of technical challenges. Such as building distributed systems that need to operate 24/7 and ultra-low latencies, solving UI/UX problems to help fraud analysts to fight fraud more efficiently. In addition, designing extensive databases from relational, NoSQL and graphs, validate and develop new data science techniques and algorithms.
The Engineering Manager role requires an engineer at heart who is able to lead and guide engineering teams to deliver Feedzai products. The role requires a deep technical knowledge allowing the teams to have strong technical support at the management level. Besides technical leadership, you will hire top-class engineers as well as plan the execution of product development driven by the product management team.
You need to be able to manage and lead by example multiple teams with a positive attitude bringing out the best of people. This role is key to achieving success at Feedzai making sure we always give clients the features we have agreed upon, in the perfect timing and with the correct tech quality desired.
As Engineering Manager for Customer Enablement, you will lead the team responsible for developing the products that provide the interface with our clients to fully leverage our products and services, delivering a best-in-class user experience and a streamlined journey, and that allows the rest of the Product teams to make their own Products available. This includes among others our API, Identity and Access Management, Studio (Feedzai’s unified UI), and others.
Your Day to Day:
- Manage one or two teams of engineers from daily execution to performance and career management
- Lead by example, care for your team, and establish credibility with the quality of your and your team's technical execution.
- Provide technical leadership to the team from driving architecture and design up to doing code reviews
- Be responsible for the planning, execution, and success of technical projects
- Work with key stakeholders across all groups within the Engineering and Product Teams
- Develop and empower top-class engineering and technology practices in the teams
- Closely work with the recruiting team to find and interview engineers
You Have & You Know-how:
- 2+ years of Team Leading and/or Management experience in managing technical projects and engineering teams
- 5+ years of software development
- 5+ in a platform or dev-ops/SRE team in a SaaS environment and supporting mission-critical services
- Capable of leading by example not being afraid to take risks and going beyond what’s expected
- Experience working on projects that move quickly and have ever-changing processes and structure
- Demonstrated skills in leadership, adaptability, problem-solving, and critical thinking
- Be able to handle stakeholder’s expectations and push-back when necessary to ensure the success of the project
- Be solution-oriented, and when issues arise, be able to roll up your sleeves and tackle them with a ‘get it done’ attitude
- Team player with a clear focus on taking the performance of teams to the next level
Feedzai is an engineering company committed to growing with high standards in building its products. As an engineering manager, you will help to guarantee that this engineering culture persists at management levels combining both technical leadership and people leadership.
The Product Team builds our product to disrupt the financial crime industry from a data-led approach. We partner with our clients using a holistic lens and have result-driven solutions to manage financial risk with a cloud-first platform and a world-class UX interface. Being part of this team, you have a voice in planning, strategizing, and challenging the status quo. Your thoughts and ideas are valued. Our fast-paced and open environment encourages us to lean in, try new things, and discover our potential. We define and act on what could be in tomorrow's world, not on what is today. Join Us!
Your First 30-Days at Feedzai:
You will be immersed in our brand with training, connections, and one-on-one time with your manager. You may shadow your colleagues virtually or onsite at an office depending on where you work as you are supported through your Feedzai journey. In addition, you will have access to a ton of information to give you history, context, and all the knowledge you can handle about Feedzai and the team. Finally, you will start working on projects and collaborating on work currently being done. We can't wait to have you join the team!
Feedzai is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Feedzai does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.
Feedzai will use the personal data you provide us with by filling out this form for reviewing your application and to potentially negotiate a contract with you. Your personal data will be retained by Feedzai for 24 months following your application. Please see our Privacy Notice available at https://feedzai.com/about-us/privacy/ for more information on how we process your personal data.