Health Advocate - New York, NY [Spanish Speaking]
Galileo is a team-based medical practice working to improve the quality and affordability of health care for all. Operating across 50 states, Galileo offers high-touch, data-driven, multi-specialty, longitudinal care to diverse and complex patients—on the phone, in the home, and everywhere in between. Regional and national health plans, employers, and Fortune 500 organizations trust Galileo as the leading solution to improve population health. Founded by Dr. Tom X. Lee, the healthcare pioneer behind One Medical and Epocrates, Galileo is a team of leading innovators from healthcare, technology, and human-centered design. Our mission is to apply that talent and scientific thinking to transform society by solving our largest, toughest healthcare problems, while at the same time bringing patient and provider closer.
About the Role:
Reporting to the Local Ops Leader, the Health Advocate is the eyes, ears, hands, and heart of the care team. We’re looking for teammates who love helping others, have a knack for tenacious problem solving and strong ties to the community. You’ll work closely with our clinicians, social workers, and community resources to change the lives of our patients as they take control of their health with your help, support and guidance. Health Advocates at Galileo are people who love impacting patient lives by being the go-to for meeting health goals and overcoming social barriers.
Here’s what you’ll do:
- Receive training and skills-building (including motivational interviewing, therapeutic engagement, health coaching & more) with the opportunity to grow your career while helping others
- Work collaboratively with other care team experts like physicians, behavioral health providers and social workers to find creative solutions to help patients meet health goals and overcome social barriers
- Become the ultimate go-to for our patients, building and strengthening relationships with patients, families, and the broader community
- Support patients across several modalities including video, phone, and in-person interactions. Galileo has robust Covid precautions in place including screening, PPE, and regular testing but this role does involve time in-person directly in the community and homes.
- Work closely with physicians and nurse practitioners in the field- providing support in a clinical setting.
You are a tenacious problem solver and a compassionate provider of support. Your service mindset and deep desire to create meaningful, positive impact, drive you to build trusting relationships. Leveraging both your intrapersonal relationship skills as well as technical clinical skills, you are most fulfilled when you are improving the lives of your patients and bettering your community.
The clinical Health Advocate is an in-person role supporting New York City.
We would love to hear from you if you have the following or equivalent experience:
- Strong people skills and the ability to connect with anyone, especially individuals who have been historically marginalized and have complex needs
- Creative problem-solving skills that can be leveraged to empower others and impeccable organizational skills that foster reliability and trustworthiness for colleagues and patients alike
- Strong communication skills, especially the ability to translate complex ideas into simple language
- Meaningful ties to New York City’s diverse communities and an eagerness to effect positive change within it
- A "hospitality mindset" and track record of creating memorable experiences for others, embodying a true joy in serving others
- Reliable access to personal transportation
- For the safety of our patients and staff, employees in this role must be fully vaccinated with all necessary vaccinations. This includes a booster for a completed COVID-19 vaccination.
Compensation Range: $26-28/hour based on experience and market dynamics.
- Medical / Dental / Vision insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Health Savings Account + match
- Company paid STD/LTD, AD&D, and Life insurance
- Paid Family Leave
- 401K + match
- Paid Time Off
HOW WE HIRE
Galileo is committed to hiring the best team possible to build health care that works for everyone. We value a diverse set of perspectives to deliver the best possible solutions to those problems. We look for talent from a wide range of backgrounds—including, but not limited to—race, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, disability, and veteran status. Galileo is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides reasonable accommodations to applicants and employees with a qualifying disability or conflict with a sincerely held religious belief, unless doing so would cause an undue hardship or fail to eliminate a direct threat.