Director of People Experience and Events
Galileo is a team-based medical practice working to improve the quality and affordability of health care for all. Operating across 50 states, Galileo offers high-touch, data-driven, multi-specialty, longitudinal care to diverse and complex patients—on the phone, in the home, and everywhere in between. Regional and national health plans, employers, and Fortune 500 organizations trust Galileo as the leading solution to improve population health. Founded by Dr. Tom X. Lee, the healthcare pioneer behind One Medical and Epocrates, Galileo is a team of leading innovators from healthcare, technology, and human-centered design. Our mission is to apply that talent and scientific thinking to transform society by solving our largest, toughest healthcare problems, while at the same time bringing patient and provider closer.
As a fast-growing startup focused on revolutionizing healthcare, we're looking for a proactive and dynamic Director of People Experience and Events to take the lead in HR support, event coordination, onboarding/offboarding, and office management; with an authentic communication and engagement style.
What work you’ll do
- People Experience: Lead tactical HR support for teammates and managers, enhancing the overall employee experience.
- Events: Coordinate and create programming around virtual, annual, and HQ events to foster a sense of community and engagement. You'll work closely with the CEO and senior leadership to run these events seamlessly and in a way that makes teammates feel valued.
- Onboarding & Offboarding: Drive seamless onboarding and offboarding processes to ensure a smooth transition for all team members.
- Headquarter Office Management: Oversee HQ operations, optimizing the workspace to create a vibrant and productive environment.
- People management: You'll foster a culture of continuous learning and improvement, encouraging innovation and agility in our engagement, processes and procedures.
Who you’ll manage
- This role reports directly to the Chief People Officer and involves people management.
- You'll provide guidance, feedback, and mentorship to your team, fostering their professional growth and enhancing their capacity to contribute to the organization's mission.
Who you are
- 7+ years of proven, successful experience with 2+ years of leadership experience in human resources, culture, or people experience.
- 1+ years experience successfully leading people.
- Constantly operate with high levels of intuition and empathy on how people want to be communicated to in an authentic way; specifically in the way you communicate and write.
- Proactive professional who has created experiences or programs with a hospitality mindset
- Always act with an ownership mindset. You take responsibility for your outcomes. You’re highly conscientious, industrious, persistent & determined to achieve your goals.
- Healthcare industry experience is not required.
$195,000 to $220,000 based upon prior experience, performance, and market dynamics
- Medical / Dental / Vision insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Health Savings Account + match
- Company paid STD/LTD, AD&D, and Life insurance
- Paid Family Leave
- 401K + match
- Paid Time Off
HOW WE HIRE
Galileo Health is an equal-opportunity employer and welcomes applicants from all backgrounds.
We have recently become aware of the fraudulent use of our name on job postings and via recruiting emails that are illegitimate and not in any way associated with us. We will never ask you to provide sensitive personal information as part of the recruiting process, such as your social security number; send you any unsolicited job offers or employment contracts; require any fees, payments or access to any financial accounts; and/or conduct text-only interviews. If you suspect you are being scammed or have been scammed online, you may report the crime to the Federal Bureau of Investigation and obtain more information regarding online scams at the Federal Trade Commission.