Biopharma Market Strategy Leader
BIOPHARMA MARKET STRATEGY LEADER
Location: Remote US
The General Manager, Biopharma is the individual responsible for the complete biopharma business, including strategy, go-to-market, business development, revenue generation, and operations/delivery against committed revenue. As GeneDx evolves its business beyond genetic testing and increasingly focuses on information-driven revenue streams, this person will be essential in shaping that vision, building the plan and infrastructure required to advance it, and effectively partner with various stakeholders to execute on and advance this business.
From a starting point of a world class genetic testing business and several biopharma solutions with growing market share, this person will have a strong vision of how to leverage existing strengths as well as where to prioritize and build new products, R&D programs, and more that can transform the biopharma business into a very significant contributor to the overall enterprise.
This person will be managing a team that will directly sell and manage the delivery against contracts as well as work with cross-functional peers when needed to build new products and achieve this delivery. As such, it is imperative this person has experience with multiple functional areas from prior roles that demonstrates an ability to provide leadership across the organization’s functions as the information-driven business line representative.
The successful candidate will be highly visible both internally and externally, and therefore must be a a seasoned executive who is very capable of driving client-facing interactions to ensure we are meeting and exceeding expectations and building customer loyalty, motivating a direct line and cross-functional team to deliver against the strategy, and communicating effectively with the management team on progress to plan.
Most of all, this person will be passionate about the mission of GeneDx to bring about a healthier society and healthier lives for millions of families.
- Manage the end-to-end biopharma business, including revenue and delivery/operations
- Build strategy and roadmap that adds high-revenue and strong gross margin products to solution portfolio, leveraging existing products and strengths
- Work with cross-functional colleagues to ensure product roadmaps, resources and support required for delivery against different types of client engagement; hold accountable these colleagues as needed to ensure progress to plan that enables business growth
- Partner with solution delivery and genetic testing leadership teams to build integrated strategy and relationships to unlock new opportunities
- Create and track OKRs and KPIs that orient the business unit and track progress to plan; report on these regularly during monthly management team sessions to bring all leadership and stakeholders into the conversation on how to advance the business
- Build out the direct team and participate in identifying, recruiting and motivating talent in the extended cross-functional teams to enable the growth of the business
- Attend conferences and other external events to generate brand visibility and growth
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- MBA, MD, and/or PhD preferred
- 10+ years working in healthcare/biotechnology, with a significant role in biopharma services companies strongly preferred.
- Experience managing a P&L of an information or a software-based business, even if that included responsibility for matrixed functions but ultimately was accountable for the financial performance of the business at the top and bottom lines.
- Very strong written and verbal communication skills and a proven track record of interfacing and collaborating with functions across commercial, operational, product, research and G&A to help drive a business.
- Experience working and managing a business at the early stages/startup and a demonstrable track record in growing that business.
- Clear examples of being customer centric in solutions delivered and value generated for target markets served.
- Operates with high integrity and a sense of both accountability and equitability in driving results as part of a high performance culture.
- Prior experience working in genomics strongly preferred.
- Prior experience as a multi-function team manager (e.g., business development, operations, etc.) required.
- Clear commitment and adherence to servant-based leadership both in principle and practice.
Science - Minded, Patient - Focused.
At GeneDx, we create, follow, and are informed by cutting-edge science. With over 20 years of expertise in diagnosing rare disorders and diseases, and pioneering work in the identification of new disease-causing genes, our commitment to genetic disease detection, discovery, and diagnosis is based on sound science and is focused on enhancing patient care.
Experts in what matters most.
With hundreds of genetic counselors, MD/PhD scientists, and clinical and molecular genomics specialists on staff, we are the industry’s genetic testing experts and proud of it. We share the same goal as healthcare providers, patients, and families: to provide clear, accurate, and meaningful answers we all can trust.
SEQUENCING HAS THE POWER TO SOLVE DIAGNOSTIC CHALLENGES.
From sequencing to reporting and beyond, our technical and clinical experts are providing guidance every step of the way:
- High-quality testing: Our laboratory is CLIA certified and CAP accredited and most of our tests are also New York State approved.
- Advanced detection: By interrogating genes for complex variants, we can identify the underlying causes of conditions that may otherwise be missed.
- Thorough analysis: We classify variants according to our custom adaptation of the most recent guidelines. We then leverage our rich internal database for additional interpretation evidence.
- Customized care: Our experts review all test results and write reports in a clear, concise, and personalized way. We also include information for research studies in specific clinical situations.
- Impactful discovery: Our researchers continue working to find answers even after testing is complete. Through both internal research efforts and global collaborations, we have identified and published hundreds of new disease-gene relationships and developed novel tools for genomic data analysis. These efforts ultimately deliver more diagnostic findings to individuals.
Learn more About Us here.
Essential on-site and customer facing employees may be required to provide proof of COVID-19 vaccinations. Medical or religious exemptions considered.
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Health, Dental, Vision and Life insurance
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan
- Employee Discounts
- Voluntary benefits
GeneDx is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Something looks off?