Senior Biopharma Commercial Executive
This team member will be responsible for establishing and driving commercial relationships with senior executives at potential partners, including pharmaceutical and biotech companies. The role will provide strategic guidance on the growth trajectory of the commercial partnerships team and will play a key part in defining GeneDx solutions to biopharma clients.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ESSENTIAL DUTIES
- Prospecting to identify new business opportunities in a targeted and focused manner, and initiate action plans to approach and secure new business in accordance with the company’s growth strategy
- Establishing and building client relationships with senior executives at pharmaceutical and biotech companies
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to gather and make best use of market intelligence and ensure appropriate systems are in place to harness and leverage the information in targeting customers/partners to optimize commercial outcomes
- Deliver company product demos, value propositions and drive the sale of complex solutions to our biopharmaceutical customers
- Identifying and coordinating appropriate internal resources to support partnering discussions
- Structuring and negotiating partnership agreements, including in cases where a creative and novel approach is required due to unique client needs
- Providing guidance on the strategic roadmap for the commercial partnerships team
- Translating observed client needs into product development priorities
- Coordinating with our implementation team on the execution of projects
EXPERIENCE AND CHARACTERISTICS
- 5+ years business development or sales experience ideally gained within service-based industries, preferably selling information solutions to pharma/biotech companies
- Diverse experience in all aspects of business development/sales from identifying new prospects, consultative selling with sophisticated partners, through to negotiating and closing deals
- Proven ability to hit sales targets with customer acquisition acumen, particularly of emerging pharma/biotechs
- Network of contacts in the pharma/biotech industry preferred
- Highly proactive hunter approach and mentality
- Fantastic team member with a willingness to identify and assume roles that drive the company’s success
- Demonstrated track record of building and managing relationships with senior executives and key decision makers
- Eagerness and capability to engage with medical professionals regarding the scientific, medical, commercial and technological aspects of genetics
- Genetics/genomics background is strongly preferred (for example, Master’s degree or higher in genetics or genetic counseling)
- Highly motivated individual with an ability to thrive in a rapidly evolving, growing, dynamic environment
Budgeted pay range: $170,000 - $195,000
Science - Minded, Patient - Focused.
At GeneDx, we create, follow, and are informed by cutting-edge science. With over 20 years of expertise in diagnosing rare disorders and diseases, and pioneering work in the identification of new disease-causing genes, our commitment to genetic disease detection, discovery, and diagnosis is based on sound science and is focused on enhancing patient care.
Experts in what matters most.
With hundreds of genetic counselors, MD/PhD scientists, and clinical and molecular genomics specialists on staff, we are the industry’s genetic testing experts and proud of it. We share the same goal as healthcare providers, patients, and families: to provide clear, accurate, and meaningful answers we all can trust.
SEQUENCING HAS THE POWER TO SOLVE DIAGNOSTIC CHALLENGES.
From sequencing to reporting and beyond, our technical and clinical experts are providing guidance every step of the way:
- High-quality testing: Our laboratory is CLIA certified and CAP accredited and most of our tests are also New York State approved.
- Advanced detection: By interrogating genes for complex variants, we can identify the underlying causes of conditions that may otherwise be missed.
- Thorough analysis: We classify variants according to our custom adaptation of the most recent guidelines. We then leverage our rich internal database for additional interpretation evidence.
- Customized care: Our experts review all test results and write reports in a clear, concise, and personalized way. We also include information for research studies in specific clinical situations.
- Impactful discovery: Our researchers continue working to find answers even after testing is complete. Through both internal research efforts and global collaborations, we have identified and published hundreds of new disease-gene relationships and developed novel tools for genomic data analysis. These efforts ultimately deliver more diagnostic findings to individuals.
Learn more About Us here.
Essential on-site and customer facing employees may be required to provide proof of COVID-19 vaccinations. Medical or religious exemptions considered.
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Health, Dental, Vision and Life insurance
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan
- Employee Discounts
- Voluntary benefits
GeneDx is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Something looks off?