We are searching for a highly skilled and motivated Bioinformatician with expertise in algorithm prototyping, scripting, software development and high-performance programming languages. Curiosity and a passion for innovation in both technology and science are essential qualities for this job. Having experience in working with HPC and/or cloud computing environments would be advantageous. The successful candidate will have an exceptional opportunity to work on cutting-edge technologies and important and unique datasets and make significant contributions towards solving the mysteries of genetic diseases through the development of algorithms using extensive cohorts of whole genome sequencing data.
We encourage all candidates who match the above description to apply for this exciting opportunity and join our team to be at the forefront of developing algorithms that have the potential to transform lives and advance genomic medicine.
- Prototype and develop algorithms for the analysis and interpretation of genomic data, with a focus on long-read DNA sequencing data.
- Implement and optimize algorithms using scripting and high-performance programming languages to unlock new insights in genomics.
- Collaborate with interdisciplinary teams to understand complex genetic diseases, formulate research questions, and design innovative algorithms.
- Master's or Ph.D. degree in Bioinformatics, Computational Biology, Computer Science, Physics, Math, or a related field.
- 1-4 years post-doctoral or industry experience
- Proficiency in scripting languages (e.g., Python, R, Bash) for data processing and analysis, with a focus on developing novel solutions.
- Programming experience in high-performance programming languages (e.g., C/C++, Java) for algorithm implementation and optimization and an eagerness to advance more efficient computing in bioinformatics.
- Familiarity with HPC environments, cluster computing, and cloud computing platforms, enabling the exploration of large-scale genomics data.
- Experience with high-throughput DNA sequencing data processing, including long-read and short-read data types, and a desire to leverage this knowledge to unravel genetic disease complexities.
- Strong problem-solving and troubleshooting skills with an ability to work independently and collaboratively, fueled by a passion for innovation in technologies and genetic discovery.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to convey complex ideas to both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Familiarity with genomics databases, tools, and resources is a plus.
Science - Minded, Patient - Focused.
At GeneDx, we create, follow, and are informed by cutting-edge science. With over 20 years of expertise in diagnosing rare disorders and diseases, and pioneering work in the identification of new disease-causing genes, our commitment to genetic disease detection, discovery, and diagnosis is based on sound science and is focused on enhancing patient care.
Experts in what matters most.
With hundreds of genetic counselors, MD/PhD scientists, and clinical and molecular genomics specialists on staff, we are the industry’s genetic testing experts and proud of it. We share the same goal as healthcare providers, patients, and families: to provide clear, accurate, and meaningful answers we all can trust.
SEQUENCING HAS THE POWER TO SOLVE DIAGNOSTIC CHALLENGES.
From sequencing to reporting and beyond, our technical and clinical experts are providing guidance every step of the way:
- High-quality testing: Our laboratory is CLIA certified and CAP accredited and most of our tests are also New York State approved.
- Advanced detection: By interrogating genes for complex variants, we can identify the underlying causes of conditions that may otherwise be missed.
- Thorough analysis: We classify variants according to our custom adaptation of the most recent guidelines. We then leverage our rich internal database for additional interpretation evidence.
- Customized care: Our experts review all test results and write reports in a clear, concise, and personalized way. We also include information for research studies in specific clinical situations.
- Impactful discovery: Our researchers continue working to find answers even after testing is complete. Through both internal research efforts and global collaborations, we have identified and published hundreds of new disease-gene relationships and developed novel tools for genomic data analysis. These efforts ultimately deliver more diagnostic findings to individuals.
Learn more About Us here.
Essential on-site and customer facing employees may be required to provide proof of COVID-19 vaccinations. Medical or religious exemptions considered.
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Health, Dental, Vision and Life insurance
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan
- Employee Discounts
- Voluntary benefits
GeneDx is an Equal Opportunity Employer.