Medical Science Liaison - South Central
Region: South Central (LA, TX)
The Medical Science Liaison (MSL) serves as the scientific/clinical expert and ambassador for genomic testing to GeneDx’s clients. The MSL is a field-based position and will travel within their assigned region to educate medical professionals and provide clinical support to GeneDx’s sales team. The MSL develops relationships with regional key opinion leaders in the clinical community and will frequently give scientific presentations at conferences and GeneDx hosted events.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Represent GeneDx as the genomic and clinical expert to clinicians, hospitals, academic institutions, and regional professional organizations
- Support health care providers with clinical information and educational materials that promote access to genomic testing and guidance for medical decisions
- Build relationships with regional key opinion leaders and key decision makers
- Develop and utilize speaker bureau for assigned region to establish genetic testing as a standard of care
- Deliver scientific/clinical presentations on genomics and genetic testing related to the GeneDx product
- Provide support to non-genetic professionals who do not have access to genetic expertise, helping them implement programs for pre-test counseling and test result interpretation and actions
- Support and educate regional GeneDx sales and marketing team in clinical and genomic areas
- Become involved and collaborate with regional medical societies and patient groups
- Gather insights gained from clients including regional needs in testing and gaps in genomic services
- Masters Degree in Genetic Counseling
- Genetic Counselor with clinical experience required
- Genetic Counselor with previous MSL experience preferred
- 5 years experience in a clinical, academic, or industry position
- Excellent written and written communication skills
- Strong presentation and public speaking skills
- Willing to travel 60% of time within assigned region
- Ability to work independently and manage time effectively
Budgeted pay range: $150K - $170K
Science - Minded, Patient - Focused.
At GeneDx, we create, follow, and are informed by cutting-edge science. With over 20 years of expertise in diagnosing rare disorders and diseases, and pioneering work in the identification of new disease-causing genes, our commitment to genetic disease detection, discovery, and diagnosis is based on sound science and is focused on enhancing patient care.
Experts in what matters most.
With hundreds of genetic counselors, MD/PhD scientists, and clinical and molecular genomics specialists on staff, we are the industry’s genetic testing experts and proud of it. We share the same goal as healthcare providers, patients, and families: to provide clear, accurate, and meaningful answers we all can trust.
SEQUENCING HAS THE POWER TO SOLVE DIAGNOSTIC CHALLENGES.
From sequencing to reporting and beyond, our technical and clinical experts are providing guidance every step of the way:
- High-quality testing: Our laboratory is CLIA certified and CAP accredited and most of our tests are also New York State approved.
- Advanced detection: By interrogating genes for complex variants, we can identify the underlying causes of conditions that may otherwise be missed.
- Thorough analysis: We classify variants according to our custom adaptation of the most recent guidelines. We then leverage our rich internal database for additional interpretation evidence.
- Customized care: Our experts review all test results and write reports in a clear, concise, and personalized way. We also include information for research studies in specific clinical situations.
- Impactful discovery: Our researchers continue working to find answers even after testing is complete. Through both internal research efforts and global collaborations, we have identified and published hundreds of new disease-gene relationships and developed novel tools for genomic data analysis. These efforts ultimately deliver more diagnostic findings to individuals.
Learn more About Us here.
Essential on-site and customer facing employees may be required to provide proof of COVID-19 vaccinations. Medical or religious exemptions considered.
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Health, Dental, Vision and Life insurance
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan
- Employee Discounts
- Voluntary benefits
GeneDx is an Equal Opportunity Employer.