Our Clinical Informatics Team is seeking a data scientist to join our team of highly motivated and passionate scientists and engineers working to improve our understanding of disease and health. We are looking for a candidate interested in developing and implementing novel approaches in translational medicine or applying analytic and interpretive methods to integrate a wide variety of observational health and genomic data and leverage it towards improving treatment and prevention. Our goal is to use these data to improve diagnostics, identify novel treatments, and offer clinical insights into rare genetic disorders. We aim to deliver clinical applications into practice that will help shorten the diagnosis odyssey and target treatment and care to individuals’ health profiles rather than relying on a one-size-fits-all model, in order to improve patient outcomes. We are developing innovative new tools that address a range of needs prioritized by our physician partners using a vast repository of health and genomic data. The right candidate will work with other scientists in the Clinical Informatics team, R&D, as well as the Product, Commercial, and Business Development teams in a multidisciplinary environment.
- Develop and apply novel computational methods for disease subtype stratification and digital phenotyping algorithm. Collaborate with team members and other scientists in multidisciplinary manner.
- Build machine learning or deep learning pipelines to assess risk for a number of diseases using integrated big data from various data sources, including genetics, genomics and electronic medical records data.
- Identify novel indications or adverse events for medications prescribed to patients in certain settings, in order to recommend strategies to improve standard of care.
- Work with a cross-functional team setting to use aggregated patient data to assess a variety of clinical questions.
PhD in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Statistics, Bioinformatics or Computational Biology related field, with 1-2+ years post-graduate experience of analyzing large data sets in healthcare/biotech/pharma with advanced analytics approaches, or equivalent PhD research experience.
- MS in computer science, computer engineering, or computational biology field, with 4+ years relevant post-graduate experience in the BioTech industry.
- Extensive experience in machine learning with a proven track record of developing and applying advanced computational techniques to solve complex disease problems
- Proven experience in developing AI models for real-world environments and integrating ML into large-scale production applications.
- Knowledge of advanced machine learning methodologies such as deep learning, architectures and familiarity with at least one DL library (e.g., Tensorflow, Theano, PyTorch, Caffe)
- Experience with NLP and text mining is a plus.
- Highly proficient in programming and scripting in at least one language (R, Python, etc.)
- Experience with SQL databases
- Experience working with high-performance computing clusters, especially ones designed for AI/machine learning applications, such as AWS
- Familiarity with Common Data Models, such as OMOP CDM from OHDSI, is an advantage
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and ability to build strong relationships
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
Science - Minded, Patient - Focused.
At GeneDx, we create, follow, and are informed by cutting-edge science. With over 20 years of expertise in diagnosing rare disorders and diseases, and pioneering work in the identification of new disease-causing genes, our commitment to genetic disease detection, discovery, and diagnosis is based on sound science and is focused on enhancing patient care.
Experts in what matters most.
With hundreds of genetic counselors, MD/PhD scientists, and clinical and molecular genomics specialists on staff, we are the industry’s genetic testing experts and proud of it. We share the same goal as healthcare providers, patients, and families: to provide clear, accurate, and meaningful answers we all can trust.
SEQUENCING HAS THE POWER TO SOLVE DIAGNOSTIC CHALLENGES.
From sequencing to reporting and beyond, our technical and clinical experts are providing guidance every step of the way:
- High-quality testing: Our laboratory is CLIA certified and CAP accredited and most of our tests are also New York State approved.
- Advanced detection: By interrogating genes for complex variants, we can identify the underlying causes of conditions that may otherwise be missed.
- Thorough analysis: We classify variants according to our custom adaptation of the most recent guidelines. We then leverage our rich internal database for additional interpretation evidence.
- Customized care: Our experts review all test results and write reports in a clear, concise, and personalized way. We also include information for research studies in specific clinical situations.
- Impactful discovery: Our researchers continue working to find answers even after testing is complete. Through both internal research efforts and global collaborations, we have identified and published hundreds of new disease-gene relationships and developed novel tools for genomic data analysis. These efforts ultimately deliver more diagnostic findings to individuals.
Learn more About Us here.
Essential on-site and customer facing employees may be required to provide proof of COVID-19 vaccinations. Medical or religious exemptions considered.
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Health, Dental, Vision and Life insurance
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan
- Employee Discounts
- Voluntary benefits
GeneDx is an Equal Opportunity Employer.