Senior Software Engineer
GeneDx, the world's leading genomics diagnostics company, is seeking a Senior Software Engineer to join our team.
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will work with other engineers across teams to deliver more reliable, scalable, and user-friendly software into our production diagnostics platform. You will lead technical design and implementation efforts to improve workflows; executing using the best practices and principles of modern software engineering. You will work with Product Managers and Designers to understand your key user personas (both internal to the company and external) and their pain points, and propose novel technical solutions for how our applications can better enable their workflows.
As a senior engineer, you will own strategic initiatives of the team. Your breadth of engineering knowledge will allow you to make and review plans for complex projects that include multiple engineering specialties. You will work with other technical leads and engineers to break down, estimate, implement, and document both technical and user centered requirements. As a thought leader, you will lead the team in determining architectural approaches, identifying technical dependencies, overseeing the maintenance of technical debt, and providing guidance to your more junior peers.
Experience, Traits, and Skills
- Good understanding of general software engineering patterns, best practices, and methods.
- 8+ years professional experience (industry setting) designing and supporting robust applications using modern object-oriented frameworks.
- Experience with AWS services, Docker, Kubernetes, CI/CD, automated testing, and data logging suites/toolsets.
- Experience building/consuming API calls/responses.
- Successful history of delivering scalable production software.
- Able to drive design and execution of technical proposals as an individual contributor or technical project lead.
- Excellent communication skills; ability to work collaboratively with other development teams.
- Design, write, and maintain high quality and robust software applications and services to meet team goals.
- Collaborate with teammates and product managers in developing development roadmaps and sprint planning.
- Assist in establishment and adherence to robust and compliant software development best practices.
- Play a role in cross-functional development with other teams as required.
- Contribute to continuous improvement in the operating model of the team.
- Level up your teammates to bring deeper understanding of technical know-how across teams.
- Ensure quality technical implementation within our platform.
- Lead peer-reviews of others’ code and provide mentorship on improvements.
- You are an active and vital contributor to your team and your co-workers’ success and well-being.
- Software solutions are scalable, cost controlled, reliable, and engineered with modern software engineering best practices.
- Software solutions are modular and evolvable, allowing easy implementation of improvements.
Science - Minded, Patient - Focused.
At GeneDx, we create, follow, and are informed by cutting-edge science. With over 20 years of expertise in diagnosing rare disorders and diseases, and pioneering work in the identification of new disease-causing genes, our commitment to genetic disease detection, discovery, and diagnosis is based on sound science and is focused on enhancing patient care.
Experts in what matters most.
With hundreds of genetic counselors, MD/PhD scientists, and clinical and molecular genomics specialists on staff, we are the industry’s genetic testing experts and proud of it. We share the same goal as healthcare providers, patients, and families: to provide clear, accurate, and meaningful answers we all can trust.
SEQUENCING HAS THE POWER TO SOLVE DIAGNOSTIC CHALLENGES.
From sequencing to reporting and beyond, our technical and clinical experts are providing guidance every step of the way:
- High-quality testing: Our laboratory is CLIA certified and CAP accredited and most of our tests are also New York State approved.
- Advanced detection: By interrogating genes for complex variants, we can identify the underlying causes of conditions that may otherwise be missed.
- Thorough analysis: We classify variants according to our custom adaptation of the most recent guidelines. We then leverage our rich internal database for additional interpretation evidence.
- Customized care: Our experts review all test results and write reports in a clear, concise, and personalized way. We also include information for research studies in specific clinical situations.
- Impactful discovery: Our researchers continue working to find answers even after testing is complete. Through both internal research efforts and global collaborations, we have identified and published hundreds of new disease-gene relationships and developed novel tools for genomic data analysis. These efforts ultimately deliver more diagnostic findings to individuals.
Learn more About Us here.
Essential on-site and customer facing employees may be required to provide proof of COVID-19 vaccinations. Medical or religious exemptions considered.
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Health, Dental, Vision and Life insurance
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan
- Employee Discounts
- Voluntary benefits
GeneDx is an Equal Opportunity Employer.