Senior DevOps Engineer
GeneDx the world’s leading genomic diagnostics company, is seeking an experienced DevOps engineer to provide technical leadership to our Engineering Operations team.
As the Lead of DevOps Engineering at GeneDx you will work closely with application developer teams to support infrastructure creation, code deployment, and operations automation. You will design new architecture and refactor existing systems, while maintaining current service levels. You’ll use your DevOps knowledge and experience to identify optimizations for existing Developer workflows, streamline the build process, and automate repetitive manual tasks. You will work with Dev teams to design clean and maintenance-friendly delivery pipelines, including incorporating security and compliance mandates and best practices.
In addition to the technical functions, you will possess excellent communication and collaboration skills and bring a strong sense of customer service and empathy to your interactions. You will manage and mentor DevOps team members and reduce work-in-progress handoffs for Dev teams through process, training, and hands-on assistance. You will contribute to a culture of quality and evangelize best practices across the entire Technology organization.
Experience, Traits, and Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, equivalent technical experience
- 10+ years of DevOps experience
- 3+ years of team leadership experience
- Deep experience architecting solutions in AWS (certifications are a plus)
- Deep experience with Infrastructure as Code using Terraform
- Deep experience with container orchestration using Docker and Kubernetes (EKS-specific experience a plus)
- Deep experience with GitOps and CI/CD pipelines (GitHub Actions)
- Experience deploying applications in k8s using Helm, Kustomize, and ArgoCD
- Strong understanding of cloud-based networking: VPC, transit gateways, security groups
- Experience with observability and monitoring tools such as Datadog and Prometheus
- Proficiency in Python and shell scripting for system orchestration
- Lead the design of our application platform to provide developer teams with productivity-enhancing frameworks that deliver significant business value.
- Craft our DevOps strategy in partnership with other business stakeholders
- Lead a team of DevOps engineers and help them develop their skills and expertise. As a manager, you will provide strong leadership and direction, emphasizing their technical skill development.
- Establishing meaningful relationships with customers to secure partnerships and buy-in
- Build and maintain cloud-based infrastructure using Infrastructure as Code (IaC)
- Build and support infrastructure and application deployment pipelines
- Analyze monitoring/alerting capabilities, building new capabilities where needed
- Evaluate and assess new technologies and make implementation recommendations
- Successful implementation of a unified and consistent Infrastructure as Code (IaC) across our platforms
- Enhanced DORA metrics across all our application development teams, leading to improved performance and efficiency
- Provide training for application development teams and establish a framework that empowers them to manage their cloud infrastructure effectively
- Ensured sustainable maintenance and support of critical systems, thus enhancing system reliability and uptime
- Systematically improved the skill level of our development staff in DevOps and admin automation, resulting in more efficient system operations
Science - Minded, Patient - Focused.
At GeneDx, we create, follow, and are informed by cutting-edge science. With over 20 years of expertise in diagnosing rare disorders and diseases, and pioneering work in the identification of new disease-causing genes, our commitment to genetic disease detection, discovery, and diagnosis is based on sound science and is focused on enhancing patient care.
Experts in what matters most.
With hundreds of genetic counselors, MD/PhD scientists, and clinical and molecular genomics specialists on staff, we are the industry’s genetic testing experts and proud of it. We share the same goal as healthcare providers, patients, and families: to provide clear, accurate, and meaningful answers we all can trust.
SEQUENCING HAS THE POWER TO SOLVE DIAGNOSTIC CHALLENGES.
From sequencing to reporting and beyond, our technical and clinical experts are providing guidance every step of the way:
- High-quality testing: Our laboratory is CLIA certified and CAP accredited and most of our tests are also New York State approved.
- Advanced detection: By interrogating genes for complex variants, we can identify the underlying causes of conditions that may otherwise be missed.
- Thorough analysis: We classify variants according to our custom adaptation of the most recent guidelines. We then leverage our rich internal database for additional interpretation evidence.
- Customized care: Our experts review all test results and write reports in a clear, concise, and personalized way. We also include information for research studies in specific clinical situations.
- Impactful discovery: Our researchers continue working to find answers even after testing is complete. Through both internal research efforts and global collaborations, we have identified and published hundreds of new disease-gene relationships and developed novel tools for genomic data analysis. These efforts ultimately deliver more diagnostic findings to individuals.
Learn more About Us here.
Essential on-site and customer facing employees may be required to provide proof of COVID-19 vaccinations. Such employees may request exemptions for medical conditions or religious beliefs.
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Health, Dental, Vision and Life insurance
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan
- Employee Discounts
- Voluntary benefits
GeneDx is an Equal Opportunity Employer.