Director of Product: Customer Experience and Data
GeneDx, the world's leading genomics diagnostics company, is seeking a product leader to define and support execution of our data and customer experience roadmaps within Product & Technology. This will include a broad scope of products critical to the success of GeneDx, from our healthcare provider ordering portal, to EMR integrations, to internal order processing software, our underlying data platform, and data products that deliver key insights to internal and external stakeholders.
In close partnership with commercial, operations, and medical affairs teammates, you will define the long-term vision for commercial products at GeneDx, and test / build / iterate on short-term milestones . You will be an expert in GeneDx’s key business processes, and support the work of product leads, data analysts, and clinical experts in finding ambitious and creative solutions to customer pain points. You will lead quarterly strategic planning efforts across your team, in partnership with engineering, commercial, and operations counterparts, and be held accountable for the on-time delivery of those capabilities and end user features. You will facilitate knowledge sharing and consistent operational practices across the P&T team and the broader company to enhance our product solutions and de-risk dependencies across teams.
Your experience facilitating modern product development practices and supporting and mentoring product leaders at various levels will enable a wide breadth of impact across the product team. Your expertise in clinical workflows and genomics data and the capabilities it can unlock to transform patient care will allow your team to identify novel ways to support GeneDx’s mission.
Experience, Traits, and Skills
- 10+ years of experience in product management, with strong preference in the healthcare or biopharma industries.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal; ability to communicate both strategically with stakeholders and tactically with technical counterparts.
- Demonstrated ability to influence and drive change cross-functionally.
- Leadership as service mentality to supporting and mentoring product managers of all levels in their careers.
- High curiosity and obsession with understanding and solving customer needs, especially in the intersection of healthcare, biopharma, and technology.
- Strong knowledge of software development, healthcare data models and standards (like FHIR or OMOP), LLMs / ML technologies, and advanced analytics / data science.
- Strong knowledge of healthcare workflows (e.g. laboratory testing, medical billing, EMRs, ordering, specimen collection, etc) and the user personas that enable them.
- Directly support a team of product managers; act as a liaison with data analysts, scientists, and clinical experts to enhance data usage across the Product & Tech team.
- Ensure product roadmaps for Customer Experience Platform, Data Platform, Data Warehouse, and Machine Learning Platform teams are aligned with and accelerate our Commercial, Operations, and Product team plans, as well as our architectural goals for the platform.
- Drive agile, iterative, and user centric product management and development processes.
- Be an expert in all facets of GeneDx’s commercial products and represent it to external partners and clients.
- Identify high-value customer experience and data problems across GeneDx’s internal personas and business processes; evangelize and facilitate understanding across the company and then empower our Product & Tech teams to find high ROI solutions.
- Define and align the vision, strategy, and value proposition for GeneDx’s data products with the executive team and other commercial leaders.
- Stay up to date on the latest trends in healthcare technology, biopharma technology, and best practices for product management.
- Foster a high-performing product management team, encouraging and facilitating continuous learning, collaboration, and professional growth.
- Drive the expansion of GeneDx's biopharma/data business by shaping and advancing GeneDx's Data Platform into a comprehensive suite of data products, while also leading the maturation of the Customer Experience Platform to align with the company's goals for its diagnostic business.
- Cultivate an environment that empowers Product & Tech to autonomously define and monitor key performance indicators, fostering ownership and a deep understanding of product impact, market position, and customer engagement.
- Ensure alignment with customer feedback, market needs, and internal priorities to orchestrate the strategic development, implementation, marketing and growth of our products across data and customer experience platforms.
- Identify key business challenges, understand their root cause, construct compelling business cases and rapidly deliver high-ROI solutions that guide the evolution of our product offerings.
Science - Minded, Patient - Focused.
At GeneDx, we create, follow, and are informed by cutting-edge science. With over 20 years of expertise in diagnosing rare disorders and diseases, and pioneering work in the identification of new disease-causing genes, our commitment to genetic disease detection, discovery, and diagnosis is based on sound science and is focused on enhancing patient care.
Experts in what matters most.
With hundreds of genetic counselors, MD/PhD scientists, and clinical and molecular genomics specialists on staff, we are the industry’s genetic testing experts and proud of it. We share the same goal as healthcare providers, patients, and families: to provide clear, accurate, and meaningful answers we all can trust.
SEQUENCING HAS THE POWER TO SOLVE DIAGNOSTIC CHALLENGES.
From sequencing to reporting and beyond, our technical and clinical experts are providing guidance every step of the way:
- High-quality testing: Our laboratory is CLIA certified and CAP accredited and most of our tests are also New York State approved.
- Advanced detection: By interrogating genes for complex variants, we can identify the underlying causes of conditions that may otherwise be missed.
- Thorough analysis: We classify variants according to our custom adaptation of the most recent guidelines. We then leverage our rich internal database for additional interpretation evidence.
- Customized care: Our experts review all test results and write reports in a clear, concise, and personalized way. We also include information for research studies in specific clinical situations.
- Impactful discovery: Our researchers continue working to find answers even after testing is complete. Through both internal research efforts and global collaborations, we have identified and published hundreds of new disease-gene relationships and developed novel tools for genomic data analysis. These efforts ultimately deliver more diagnostic findings to individuals.
Learn more About Us here.
Essential on-site and customer facing employees may be required to provide proof of COVID-19 vaccinations. Such employees may request exemptions for medical conditions or religious beliefs.
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Health, Dental, Vision and Life insurance
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan
- Employee Discounts
- Voluntary benefits
GeneDx is an Equal Opportunity Employer.