Service Desk Lead
This position is responsible for the team that drive continuous improvement to enterprise-wide IT support services.
The Service Desk Lead reports to the Head of IT Services and provides business-centric value to IT service capabilities by supporting and leading an IT Service Desk team. This leader embraces and promotes agile enterprise standards, practices, and processes for delivering IT operational excellence, strategically finding ways to make our fellow employees lives easier and enabling efficiency at scale.
In this role, you will support individual contributors on our IT Service Desk team. You will partner closely with Lab Operations, Human Resources, Product and other teams to develop and optimize shared IT services to support our shared organizational key results.
The role will be accountable for strategy, delivery, operations, and continuous improvement of next generation end user support capabilities.
Experience, Traits, and Skills
· Experience in a multisite and hybrid IT service desk in support of 1,000+ end users.
· Ability to lead through support and service of a team.
· Comfortable with multi forest Microsoft Active Directory, Microsoft Azure Active Directory in hybrid environments, and OpenLDAP integrations.
· Continuous improvement mindset and strong entrepreneurial business acumen to identify, evaluate, and implement opportunities beyond simply managing to an SLA
· Experience in HIPAA and/or HITRUST environments.
· Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate technical and business issues and solutions to multiple organizational levels internally and externally.
· Support and guide development of our IT Service Desk of 12 or fewer analysts.
· Develop and maintain a self-service roadmap supporting the needs of our end users and our IT Platform product roadmap.
· Ensure clarity in the objectives of the team, reducing confusion or uncertainty through clear and unambiguous guidance.
· Ensure our support management tools meet the needs our business, provide the data necessary to improve operations, and are not overly burdensome to those requesting help
· Ensure high performance in our team by guiding effective tactics, operational models, and concepts, encouraging all to think beyond their immediate role.
· Promote and champion the benefits of a self service first approach and crowd sourced support.
· Develop and measure a new KPI designed to identify support ticket deflection to self-service or lower cost options and implement at least one new initiative to improve that KPI within the first 30 days.
· Identify, develop, and lead initiative to improve user-experience via self-service and/or proactive remediation resulting in the reduction of three (3) ticket category by 75% within 90 days.
· Successfully coach Service Desk team members and maintain queue assigned tickets with close rate of at least 90% within SLA timeframe within 90 days.
Science - Minded, Patient - Focused.
At GeneDx, we create, follow, and are informed by cutting-edge science. With over 20 years of expertise in diagnosing rare disorders and diseases, and pioneering work in the identification of new disease-causing genes, our commitment to genetic disease detection, discovery, and diagnosis is based on sound science and is focused on enhancing patient care.
Experts in what matters most.
With hundreds of genetic counselors, MD/PhD scientists, and clinical and molecular genomics specialists on staff, we are the industry’s genetic testing experts and proud of it. We share the same goal as healthcare providers, patients, and families: to provide clear, accurate, and meaningful answers we all can trust.
SEQUENCING HAS THE POWER TO SOLVE DIAGNOSTIC CHALLENGES.
From sequencing to reporting and beyond, our technical and clinical experts are providing guidance every step of the way:
- High-quality testing: Our laboratory is CLIA certified and CAP accredited and most of our tests are also New York State approved.
- Advanced detection: By interrogating genes for complex variants, we can identify the underlying causes of conditions that may otherwise be missed.
- Thorough analysis: We classify variants according to our custom adaptation of the most recent guidelines. We then leverage our rich internal database for additional interpretation evidence.
- Customized care: Our experts review all test results and write reports in a clear, concise, and personalized way. We also include information for research studies in specific clinical situations.
- Impactful discovery: Our researchers continue working to find answers even after testing is complete. Through both internal research efforts and global collaborations, we have identified and published hundreds of new disease-gene relationships and developed novel tools for genomic data analysis. These efforts ultimately deliver more diagnostic findings to individuals.
Learn more About Us here.
Essential on-site and customer facing employees may be required to provide proof of COVID-19 vaccinations. Such employees may request exemptions for medical conditions or religious beliefs.
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Health, Dental, Vision and Life insurance
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan
- Employee Discounts
- Voluntary benefits
GeneDx is an Equal Opportunity Employer.