Associate Director, Marketing Manager
GeneDx is a patient-centric health information company that delivers personalized and actionable health insights that inform diagnosis, guide treatment and improve drug discovery. The company is transforming healthcare through its industry-leading exome and genome testing and interpretation, fueled by one of the world’s largest rare disease data sets. GeneDx is uniquely positioned to accelerate the use of genomic and large-scale clinical information to enable precision medicine as the standard of care.
The role of the Senior Marketing Manager is to develop and execute go-to-market plans that drive audience behavior change through insight-driven messaging and activation across appropriate channels.
- Develop, execute, monitor and measure a marketing plan in support of our overall business goals to drive adoption and expansion of exome and genome offerings and services, and our data offerings, among biopharma partners, payors and enterprise accounts
- Define and sharpen positioning, messaging and value proposition in partnership with cross-functional colleagues; including sales, market access, business development, medical, product and compliance.
- Establishing the prioritization of areas of focus, determining resource needs, and driving towards execution based on impact and quality versus quantity.
- Know our audiences inside and out. Work to define audience segments and the marketing plans to support the behavior changes within each audience and work in service of them.
- Operate as a senior leader on the marketing team, directing the overall marketing funnel from awareness through retention, based on performance, learning, experience and research, in partnership with all internal stakeholders
- Act with confidence and influence to bring together cross-functional stakeholders including sales, market access, medical, product, etc. to execute in support of shared objectives.
- Orchestrate necessary approvals from business, legal, and clinical teams for all go-to-market materials.
- Coordinate tactical deliverables for marketing campaigns through collaboration with creative services team and agencies.
- When appropriate, establish event pull through strategy to engage and activate enterprise, biopharma and payor audiences for key industry conferences.
- Monitor and apply understanding of the overall and genetics landscape including key competitors; identify areas for opportunities/threats, translate insights and look for ways to continuously strengthen GeneDx marketing plan
- Note: the duties and responsibilities described are not a comprehensive list and additional responsibilities may be assigned. It is also possible that the scope of the job may change based on business needs.
Qualifications and Skills
- 8-10 years marketing experience
- Prior experience in a marketing role in a high performance organization with demonstrated success working with cross functional partners to reach business goals.
- Ability to distill complex clinical information and translate to relevant audiences including clinicial, payor, c-suite, etc.
- Comfortable making decisions with some level of ambiguity
- Passionate about challenges, problem solving and learning new things
- Ability to influence and build relationships across different functions
- Demonstrates a sense of urgency, optimism and a “can do” attitude
- Detail oriented, analytical and data driven
- Outstanding written and verbal skills
- You’re curious, collaborative, humble, energetic, and passionate about making a meaningful difference in people’s lives – patients and the teammates you serve. And work with your direct and cross-functional teams to drive to clarity, speak openly and respectfully, act with bravery and hold yourself and your teams accountable.
Science - Minded, Patient - Focused.
At GeneDx, we create, follow, and are informed by cutting-edge science. With over 20 years of expertise in diagnosing rare disorders and diseases, and pioneering work in the identification of new disease-causing genes, our commitment to genetic disease detection, discovery, and diagnosis is based on sound science and is focused on enhancing patient care.
Experts in what matters most.
With hundreds of genetic counselors, MD/PhD scientists, and clinical and molecular genomics specialists on staff, we are the industry’s genetic testing experts and proud of it. We share the same goal as healthcare providers, patients, and families: to provide clear, accurate, and meaningful answers we all can trust.
SEQUENCING HAS THE POWER TO SOLVE DIAGNOSTIC CHALLENGES.
From sequencing to reporting and beyond, our technical and clinical experts are providing guidance every step of the way:
- High-quality testing: Our laboratory is CLIA certified and CAP accredited and most of our tests are also New York State approved.
- Advanced detection: By interrogating genes for complex variants, we can identify the underlying causes of conditions that may otherwise be missed.
- Thorough analysis: We classify variants according to our custom adaptation of the most recent guidelines. We then leverage our rich internal database for additional interpretation evidence.
- Customized care: Our experts review all test results and write reports in a clear, concise, and personalized way. We also include information for research studies in specific clinical situations.
- Impactful discovery: Our researchers continue working to find answers even after testing is complete. Through both internal research efforts and global collaborations, we have identified and published hundreds of new disease-gene relationships and developed novel tools for genomic data analysis. These efforts ultimately deliver more diagnostic findings to individuals.
Learn more About Us here.
Essential on-site and customer facing employees may be required to provide proof of COVID-19 vaccinations. Such employees may request exemptions for medical conditions or religious beliefs.
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Health, Dental, Vision and Life insurance
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan
- Employee Discounts
- Voluntary benefits
GeneDx is an Equal Opportunity Employer.