Medical Director Clinical Quality
Who You Are
You are devoted, compassionate, and enjoy being on the front lines in healthcare, changing the lives of your patients. You are passionate about getting to the root cause of a patient’s conditions, removing social determinants of healthcare, and ensuring the highest possible quality of life for those in your care. You don’t want to sacrifice quality over quantity, and you aim to provide the same level of care and commitment to your patients that you would to your own family member.
Does this sound like you? If so, we should talk.
Who We Are
We are Honest Medical Group, a groundbreaking team of health care professionals focused on making a major impact in health care. At Honest, we align every aspect of our company to support patients and providers. We are devoted to purpose and inspired by innovation. We embrace our communities and lead with kindness. We drive health improvements, create a seamless member experience, and eliminate unnecessary cost. We listen to the needs of our patients and our employees—continually working to push beyond the status quo.
For us, it’s all in an Honest day’s work.
The Medical Director of Clinical Quality will be the physician executive responsible for medical leadership of Honest’s (1) accurate diagnosis and documentation programs for both Medicare ACO Reach and Medicare Advantage (MA) patient populations and (2) STARS MA program. In this role, you will work cross-functionally with team members from IT, Finance, Operations, and Clinical to drive provider engagement, patient experience, and operational excellence of Honest’s quality programs and initiatives. In addition, you will collaborate with Market Medical Directors (MMDs), General Managers (GMs), and market clinical teams in proper execution of designed programs. This role will report to the Chief Medical Officer. These responsibilities are expected to be about 75% of the role.
Additionally, the individual in this role will serve as MMD for one of Honest’s newest joint venture (JV) partners, with nationwide presence. You will be directly responsible for overseeing partner-level clinical performance oversight and management, activation and adoption of quality improvement programs, and provider satisfaction and engagement. The MMD responsibilities are expected to occupy about 25% of the role by time.
This position is remote, but requires travel to Honest’s corporate office in Nashville, TN. Travel will also be required to visit markets to meet with representatives from our JV partners, as well as to market-based physician offices and health care facilities as needed.
Primary Functions Include:
- Provide clinical oversight across Honest’s Quality and Coding Documentation Integrity (CDI) departments. Partner closely with business operations to ensure compliant execution of these services to our JV partners and providers.
- Develop training education, tools, and job aides (in partnership with Medical Education) to ensure excellence in Honest provider and JV partner clinician knowledge on areas of Quality and CDI.
- Develop strategies for ensuring clinical care gap closure and patient activation in the all settings of direct patient care, including provider offices, patient homes, and facilities.
- Drive a partnership between Honest and the JV partner, serving in a capacity that supports the needs of all stakeholders, including the patients, JV partner and Honest employees. Serve as the liaison between all parties, continually centered on a patient-centric approach that comes with collaboration and mutual understanding.
- Educate and coordinate risk adjustment team member understanding of finance, data and analytics teams’ outputs.
- Incorporate data and analytics into all components of innovation in Quality and CDI programmatics.
- Provide oversight of clinical programs around chronic disease management, advanced care planning, quality measures, and ensure adherence to evidence-based practices.
- Relative to MMD support of identified JV parnter, this role with represent Honest at all stakeholder meetings, including weekly JV partner meetings, Health Plan/JV partner meetings, Monthly Operating Committee, JV partner board meetings, Coding and Documentation Education meetings.
- Develop relationships with identified JV partner practices and PCP’s, review KPI’s and opportunities for engagement with Honest.
- Work closely with Market General Manager/VP, Director of Nursing and Clinical Operations, and Director of Market Operations for collaboration on clinical and operational activities.
- Ensure continued adherence to all compliance and regulatory requirements.
- Continually leverage data to identify market level opportunities for improved KPIs.
- Work cross functionally with other markets, corporate operations to set strategy and prioritization for business growth.
- Develop market relationships that demonstrate the high value partnership with Honest can bring to a provider practice.
- Perform other related responsibilities as needed.
How You Qualify
You reviewed the Who You Are section of this job posting and immediately felt the need to read on. That makes you a match for our innovative culture.
- You hold an unrestricted MD or DO state license, including board certification
- You’ve worked in a medical leadership role for a minimum of 4 years, preferably with past experience in Value Based Care in a rapidly growing environment
- You have strong comprehension of clinical standards of appropriate and accurate clinical documentation and STARS programs
- Extensive knowledge and experience in the medical field, particularly in areas relevant to geriatrics, chronic disease management, and palliative care
- Proficiency in coordinating and collaborating with various healthcare providers and interdisciplinary teams to ensure seamless care transitions, effective communication, and integrated care for patients
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to effectively interact with patients, families, healthcare providers, and other stakeholders
- Strong ability to collaborate with diverse teams, build relationships, and foster a positive work environment
- Must have reliable access to high-speed internet to ensure seamless remote work communication and productivity
- Must be able to arrange and consistently travel to various work sites, as well as possess and maintain a valid driver's license in your state of residence and motor vehicle insurance.
How You are Supported
- As a full-time team member, you will benefit from Honest’s exceptional total rewards package, including competitive base pay with bonuses, paid time off starting at 4 weeks for full time employees, 12 paid holidays per year, reimbursement for continuing medical education, 401k with match, health, dental, and vision insurance.
- As a part-time team member, you will benefit from Honest’s total rewards package, including competitive base pay with bonuses, pro-rated paid time off, paid holidays, reimbursement for continuing medical education, 401k with match.
- Family friendly policies that support paid parental leave and flexible work arrangements
- As a team member you’ll be supported by our robust commitment to training and development that starts with onboarding and continues throughout your career with Honest
- You will collaborate with like-minded healthcare professionals who, like you, understand the importance and value of Honest’s high-quality, value-based, care model.
Honest is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics.