Director, Market Operations
Who You Are
You are devoted, compassionate, and enjoy being on the front lines in healthcare, changing the lives of your patients. You are passionate about getting to the root cause of a patient’s conditions, removing social determinants of healthcare, and ensuring the highest possible quality of life for those in your care. You don’t want to sacrifice quality over quantity, and you aim to provide the same level of care and commitment to your patients that you would to your own family member.
Does this sound like you? If so, we should talk.
Who We Are
We are Honest Medical Group, a groundbreaking team of health care professionals focused on making a major impact in health care. At Honest, we align every aspect of our company to support patients and providers. We are devoted to purpose and inspired by innovation. We embrace our communities and lead with kindness. We drive health improvements, create a seamless member experience, and eliminate unnecessary cost. We listen to the needs of our patients and our employees—continually working to push beyond the status quo.
For us, it’s all in an Honest day’s work.
The Director of Operations is responsible for partner management, service delivery execution, and partner- and provider-level clinical and operational performance management, for one of Honest’s newest joint venture (JV) partners with a nationwide provider footprint and presence. The Director of Operations will partner closely with clinical leadership (Medical Director, Director of Nursing and Clinical Operations) to oversee the implementation and delivery of Honest’s clinical programs, including driving change management and adoption down to the practice and provider level. In addition, the individual in this role will work cross-functionally with representatives from Central Operations, the Office of the Chief Medical Officer (CMO), Finance, and Technology, in support of a range of initiatives, including enhanced KPI reporting and analytics, new clinical programs activation, and operational excellence (e.g., process improvement, technology enablement). The Director of Operations reports to Honest’s General Manager (GM) for New York.
Primary Functions Include:
- Oversee service delivery of Honest’s clinical programs for assigned partners or markets, including patient engagement, clinical interventions, and capacity and utilization of operations and clinical resources.
- Implement and lead the ongoing partner- and practice-level operational and clinical performance management cadence, including KPI reporting, root cause and trend analysis, and remediation planning.
- Serve as the primary point of contact between the partner and Honest by supporting day-to-day communications and issue escalations/management, coordination and prioritization of Honest teams and programs with partner stakeholders, and partner-level strategic planning.
- Facilitate partner-level operating cadence, including recurring and program-specific meetings, JV and ACO board meetings, and Medical Operating Committee (MOC), among others.
- Lead practice- and provider-level program adoption and change management efforts for Honest’s clinical model.
- In partnership with Risk Adjustment (RA) and Quality teams, support the execution and performance management of Honest’s clinical documentation and quality programs.
- In partnership with Central Operations and IT, support ongoing operational excellence and standardization of Honest’s service delivery model, including process improvement, new technology deployment, and documentation of Standardized Operating Procedures.
- In partnership with the Field Finance team, track monthly operating expense unit cost performance vs. budget and develop remediations to manage spending to budget.
- Lead and support ad hoc initiatives as needed at the request of the NY GM.
- Perform other related responsibilities as required.
How You Qualify
You reviewed the Who You Are section of this job posting and immediately felt the need to read on. That makes you a match for our innovative culture.
- This position will be remote, the successful applicant must be able to travel, as required, to accommodate occasional visits to client sites
- 10+ years of healthcare administrative experience
- Must have reliable access to high-speed internet to ensure seamless remote work communication and productivity
- Comfort with financial and operational mechanics of value-based care programs
- Clear communication style with experience addressing company leadership
- Able to think creatively and strategically
- Solid understanding of care delivery processes (i.e., PCPs, hospitals, home health, etc.)
- Strong knowledge of health plan administration and medical management services (i.e., billing, claims, customer service, technology, care management, utilization management, etc.)
- Experience with government programs (Medicaid, Medicare, and Dual Eligibles) and understanding of the associated regulatory environments
- Proficient in Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Experience manipulating published reports and dashboards in Tableau is a plus
- You have passion for and experience in clinical care delivery operations
- You are adept to change and can pivot quickly based on market needs and demands
- You have experience managing an interdisciplinary team and have experience working with providers
- You can identify needs and think through clinical and operational process improvement
How You are Supported
- As a full-time team member, you will benefit from Honest’s exceptional total rewards package, including competitive base pay with bonuses, paid time off starting at 4 weeks for full time employees, 12 paid holidays per year, reimbursement for continuing medical education, 401k with match, health, dental, and vision insurance.
- As a part-time team member, you will benefit from Honest’s total rewards package, including competitive base pay with bonuses, pro-rated paid time off, paid holidays, reimbursement for continuing medical education, 401k with match.
- Family friendly policies that support paid parental leave and flexible work arrangements
- As a team member you’ll be supported by our robust commitment to training and development that starts with onboarding and continues throughout your career with Honest
- You will collaborate with like-minded healthcare professionals who, like you, understand the importance and value of Honest’s high-quality, value-based, care model.
Honest is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics.