Who You Are
You are devoted, compassionate, and enjoy being on the front lines in healthcare, changing the lives of your patients. You are passionate about getting to the root cause of a patient’s conditions, removing social determinants of healthcare, and ensuring the highest possible quality of life for those in your care. You don’t want to sacrifice quality over quantity, and you aim to provide the same level of care and commitment to your patients that you would to your own family member.
Does this sound like you? If so, we should talk.
Who We Are
We are Honest Medical Group, a groundbreaking team of health care professionals focused on making a major impact in health care. At Honest, we align every aspect of our company to support patients and providers. We are devoted to purpose and inspired by innovation. We embrace our communities and lead with kindness. We drive health improvements, create a seamless member experience, and eliminate unnecessary cost. We listen to the needs of our patients and our employees—continually working to push beyond the status quo.
For us, it’s all in an Honest day’s work.
As Controller, you will report to Honest’s Chief Financial Officer and will collaborate to build a best-in-class accounting function. This role is hands on, and highly visible. You will have direct responsibility for all aspects of accounting functions, including Accounting, A/R, A/P, payroll, and Treasury as it relates to Honest’s JV partner relationships. You will own numerous external relationships and ensure accurate information is disseminated to all relevant stakeholders.
Primary Functions Include:
- Provide oversight of all accounting operations, including, accounts receivable/invoicing, collections, payroll, accounts payable, policy and procedures, and GAAP compliance.
- Ensure strong communication/reconciliation with FP&A regarding budget vs. actuals and classification of expenses.
- Establish consolidated financial statements processes.
- Create multi-book accounting as needed to track JV partners, KPI’s and any other requisite information.
- Guide internal teams on accounting for various business models within one system and understanding reporting implications.
- Prepare timely and accurate monthly internal financial statements.
- Develop and document accounting policies and procedures.
- Ensure regular reporting of key metrics via flash reporting, dashboards and other altering mechanisms.
- Execute on internal controls around financial reporting.
- Accounting for provider organization.
- Continuous improvement of processes and procedures with a focus on efficiency and automation.
- Recruitment, management, and development of staff.
- Management of monthly and year-end general ledger closing activities.
- Oversight of the production of accurate monthly balance sheet account reconciliations and analysis.
- Management of year-end financial audit process, including interaction/correspondence with external auditors.
- Provision of monthly variance analysis of revenue and expense accounts.
- Assistance with cash management by monitoring, reporting, and analyzing ongoing cash flow.
- Development of enhanced business reporting and assistance with the budget process.
- Recommendations for modifications to existing procedures to improve efficiencies.
- Management of the capital expense approval and reporting process.
- Commission and incentive plan compensation computation, tracking, and payment.
- Develop a control environment and internal audit function
- Perform other related responsibilities as required.
How You Qualify
You reviewed the Who You Are section of this job posting and immediately felt the need to read on. That makes you a match for our innovative culture.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting
- 10+ years of total experience, with 5+ year’s experience serving as controller (preferably in value-based healthcare)
- Active Certified Public Accountant license
- Background in a reputable public accounting firm with supervisory experience required
- Experience working at both public and private companies a plus
- Experience in selection and implementation of all aspects of an ERP (billing, payroll systems, integrations, etc.) a plus
- Excellent management and supervisory skills
How You are Supported
- As a full-time team member, you will benefit from Honest’s exceptional total rewards package, including competitive base pay with bonuses, paid time off starting at 4 weeks for full time employees, 12 paid holidays per year, reimbursement for continuing medical education, 401k with match, health, dental, and vision insurance.
- As a part-time team member, you will benefit from Honest’s total rewards package, including competitive base pay with bonuses, pro-rated paid time off, paid holidays, reimbursement for continuing medical education, 401k with match.
- Family friendly policies that support paid parental leave and flexible work arrangements
- As a team member you’ll be supported by our robust commitment to training and development that starts with onboarding and continues throughout your career with Honest
- You will collaborate with like-minded healthcare professionals who, like you, understand the importance and value of Honest’s high-quality, value-based, care model.
Honest is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics.