Director, Clinical Operations
Who You Are
You are devoted, compassionate, and enjoy being on the front lines in healthcare, changing the lives of your patients. You are passionate about getting to the root cause of a patient’s conditions, removing social determinants of healthcare, and ensuring the highest possible quality of life for those in your care. You don’t want to sacrifice quality over quantity, and you aim to provide the same level of care and commitment to your patients that you would to your own family member.
Does this sound like you? If so, we should talk.
Who We Are
We are Honest Medical Group, a groundbreaking team of health care professionals focused on making a major impact in health care. At Honest, we align every aspect of our company to support patients and providers. We are devoted to purpose and inspired by innovation. We embrace our communities and lead with kindness. We drive health improvements, create a seamless member experience, and eliminate unnecessary cost. We listen to the needs of our patients and our employees—continually working to push beyond the status quo.
For us, it’s all in an Honest day’s work.
The Director, Clinical Operations will be responsible for helping develop and operationalize the Honest clinical model. They will help build and evolve the clinical and operational infrastructure for the Honest model to be implemented across both central and market functions, working closely with key cross-functional stakeholders for build and execution. The Director, Clinical Operations will develop and leverage appropriate and innovative KPIs to continually drive for the best possible patient outcomes and support the overall business by ensuring the clinical model is deployed and operates as intended.
Primary Functions Include:
- Develop and implement evidence-based, best-in-class care management program in a multidisciplinary home-based care model.
- In conjunction with leadership, identify the tools and systems needed to support care management activities.
- Develop and maintain a comprehensive education and training program for care management team.
- As needed, help evaluate Honest partner clinical programs to minimize redundancies and outline clear accountabilities.
- Help support the build, definition, requirements, operationalization, and reporting of clinical and operational workflows within applicable Honest systems.
- Closely integrated and partner with market clinical leadership to support operational execution and clinical enablement.
- Continually review and evolve internal workflows and management processes to drive increased effectiveness of programs and services.
- Identify and enhance best practices, ensuring adoption across the total organization and scalability of clinical operations.
- Establish a culture of excellence in performance and innovation that optimizes opportunities to create new models and processes that better serve patients and their families, with the goal of reducing medical spend and enhancing patient quality outcomes.
- Establish and monitor metrics and benchmarks to focus the work and drive collective improvements in care.
- Work closely with Clinical Education team to ensure education and training continues to meet evolving team member needs. Identify team member knowledge, skills, and ability need and determine resources to further enhance their professional growth.
- Write Clinical Operation’s policies/procedures, workflows, job aids, and protocols and review/revise annually and at other times when needed.
- Understand STAR and HEDIS measures and standards. Assist in the development of a plan to close gaps, as needed.
- Perform other related responsibilities as assigned.
How You Qualify
You reviewed the Who You Are section of this job posting and immediately felt the need to read on. This makes you a match for our innovative culture. You accept things change quickly in a startup environment and are willing to pivot quickly on priorities.
- Must have reliable access to high-speed internet to ensure seamless remote work communication and productivity
- Current, unencumbered license as a Registered Nurse
- A minimum of a Bachelor of Science in Nursing from a nursing accredited school of nursing required and a Master of Science, Doctor of Nursing Practice, or Doctor of Philosophy in nursing preferred
- 5+ years of clinical experience in home care, health plan or hospice within the previous 10 years
- 5+ years of care management experience within the previous 10 years
- 5+ years of progressive experience in healthcare management, operations, and program development
- Experience with integrated delivery systems and principles of value-based care
- Experience developing and implementing innovative clinical programs with clear demonstration of results
- Strong understanding of multidisciplinary team management
- Knowledge of HEDIS measures, quality gap measurement, STAR ratings
- Expertise in using data, metrics, and user feedback to drive strategy and execution
- Solid computer skills including the Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Visio (preferred but not required)
- Experience with ACO REACH or DCE preferred
How You are Supported
- As a full-time team member, you will benefit from Honest’s exceptional total rewards package, including competitive base pay with bonuses, paid time off starting at 4 weeks for full time employees, 12 paid holidays per year, reimbursement for continuing medical education, 401k with match, health, dental, and vision insurance.
- As a part-time team member, you will benefit from Honest’s total rewards package, including competitive base pay with bonuses, pro-rated paid time off, paid holidays, reimbursement for continuing medical education, 401k with match.
- Family friendly policies that support paid parental leave and flexible work arrangements
- As a team member you’ll be supported by our robust commitment to training and development that starts with onboarding and continues throughout your career with Honest
- You will collaborate with like-minded healthcare professionals who, like you, understand the importance and value of Honest’s high-quality, value-based, care model.
Honest is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics.