Who We Are
We are Imagine Pediatrics, a devoted and compassionate, multi-disciplinary pediatrician-led medical group that is creating a world where every child with complex medical conditions gets the care and support they deserve. Energized by our mission to reimagine pediatric health care, we are pioneering virtual-first care services that include care coordination and around-the-clock access to complex-care clinicians from home. We don’t replace a child's existing care team. Instead, we collaborate to deliver continuous support to kids, so they can spend less time in the hospital and more time thriving at home and in their communities.
Every day we boldly challenge old approaches and seek out new and better ways to improve the health and lives of children with medical complexity. In partnership with caregivers, providers, and health plans, we break down the barriers that stand between families and quality care for their children. We know we can’t solve every challenge in the lives of these kids, but we can work tirelessly to give them, their families, and other caregivers the help and relief they need, right when they need it. We know a better approach to pediatric health care is within reach, and we are committed to seizing it today.
What We Live By
We’re guided by our five core values:
- Children first. We put the best interests of children above all. We are uncompromising in our commitment to improving the lives of children and families by bringing the best care to them.
- Earn trust. We cherish the trusting relationships we build with the children and families we serve, our partners, and each other. We seek first to understand and speak honestly.
- Innovate today. We refuse to accept the way things have always been done. Children and families are waiting for our help and their bravery demands that we relentlessly challenge assumptions to develop new approaches.
- Embrace humanity. We lead with empathy and authenticity, presuming competence and good intentions. When we stumble, we use the opportunity to learn and grow stronger.
- One team, diverse perspectives. We work alongside families as one team towards a shared purpose. We champion diversity and acknowledge the contributions of others.
About the Role:
As VP, Engineering with Imagine Pediatrics, you lead the engineering organization and establish the vision and execution of our technology roadmap, in lockstep with other parts of the business, to consistently produce transformative products, architecting, deploying and scaling the system to fulfill our mission.
What You'll Do
- Define the vision and strategy for technology within Imagine Pediatrics
- Build and scale the engineering team
- Provide technical leadership and guidance to all members of the organization as we build a scalable infrastructure to support ongoing growth.
- Act as the guiding voice on key architecture and technology decisions.
- Career development of team members, including succession planning and coaching.
- Define performance expectations and develop a strong ability to drive outcomes through execution.
- Identify future possibilities and translate into strategies. Drive engagement and commitment among the engineering team.
- Manage recommendations, capital improvements and business case analysis
- Ensure that we are able to achieve company-wide objectives by delivering excellent results through the work of their team.
- Create and maintain development processes that ensure high quality products can be delivered against deadlines.
- As the team and company scales, continually identify inefficiencies and implement methods to streamline execution.
- Strengthen cross-functional communications across the department and segment.
What You Bring & How You Qualify
First and foremost, you’re passionate and committed to reimagining pediatric health care and creating a world where every child with complex medical conditions gets the care and support they deserve.
- Lead all aspects of software engineering including development, QA, Testing Automation and Operations
- Partner with Product Management to create and maintain solutions for current and future product needs
- Drive engineering transformation and ensuring operational excellence
- Scaled Engineering teams to 50+
- Have experience with cloud platforms (AWS, GCP)
- Lead a geographically dispersed team to align and execute a vision and strategy
- Mentor the team of engineers to broaden their skills.
- Build an engineering culture that is focused on driving business outcomes.
- Thrive in an environment where operational excellence is key. This person should have experience continually optimizing for efficiency and performance.
- Has been part of the decision-making process and build/implementation of internal and external facing products & tools.
What We Offer (Benefits + Perks)
We offer a competitive compensation package in addition to competitive company benefits package and eligibility to participate in an employee equity purchase program (as applicable). When determining compensation, we analyze and carefully consider several factors including job-related knowledge, skills and experience. These considerations may cause your compensation to vary.
We provide these additional benefits and perks:
- Full medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Healthcare and Dependent Care FSA
- 401(k) with 4% match, vested 100% from day one
- 20 days PTO + 10 Company Holidays & 2 Floating Holidays
- Paid parental leave
- Pet Insurance
- Additional benefits to be detailed in offer
We Value Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging
We believe that creating a world where every child with complex medical conditions gets the care and support they deserve requires a diverse team with diverse perspectives. We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer. People seeking employment at Imagine Pediatrics are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, or characteristics (or those of a family member), pregnancy or other status protected by applicable law.