Who We Are
We are Imagine Pediatrics, a devoted and compassionate, multi-disciplinary pediatrician-led medical group that is creating a world where every child with complex medical conditions gets the care and support they deserve. Energized by our mission to reimagine pediatric health care, we are pioneering virtual-first care services that include care coordination and around-the-clock access to complex-care clinicians from home. We don’t replace a child's existing care team. Instead, we collaborate to deliver continuous support to kids, so they can spend less time in the hospital and more time thriving at home and in their communities.
Every day we boldly challenge old approaches and seek out new and better ways to improve the health and lives of children with medical complexity. In partnership with caregivers, providers, and health plans, we break down the barriers that stand between families and quality care for their children. We know we can’t solve every challenge in the lives of these kids, but we can work tirelessly to give them, their families, and other caregivers the help and relief they need, right when they need it. We know a better approach to pediatric health care is within reach, and we are committed to seizing it today.
What We Live By
We’re guided by our five core values:
- Children first. We put the best interests of children above all. We are uncompromising in our commitment to improving the lives of children and families by bringing the best care to them.
- Earn trust. We cherish the trusting relationships we build with the children and families we serve, our partners, and each other. We seek first to understand and speak honestly.
- Innovate today. We refuse to accept the way things have always been done. Children and families are waiting for our help and their bravery demands that we relentlessly challenge assumptions to develop new approaches.
- Embrace humanity. We lead with empathy and authenticity, presuming competence and good intentions. When we stumble, we use the opportunity to learn and grow stronger.
- One team, diverse perspectives. We work alongside families as one team towards a shared purpose. We champion diversity and acknowledge the contributions of others.
What You’ll Do
As a Finance Associate with Imagine Pediatrics, you will help build a best-in-class value-based care (VBC) finance function from the ground up. This role is hands-on, highly visible, and will report directly to the Senior Manager of Finance. You will have direct responsibility for core aspects of the Finance function. This role will be heavily weighted towards strategic finance projects that include risk revenue estimation and planning, developing leading indicators of company performance, long-term financial planning, and will support operations, VBC settlements, and Business Development (BD) pricing. Primary functions for this role will include:
- Analyzing, synthesizing, preparing, and presenting insightful monthly financial and business performance results for executive leadership
- Collaborating with Actuaries to derive risk revenue recognition estimates that require complex and nuanced analysis
- Building and maintaining detailed bottoms-up operational and financial forecast models that inform near-term and long-term business initiatives.
- Performing financial and operational analyses that provide decision-making support for executive leadership and enable profitable growth for Imagine.
- Perform ROI and pricing analyses for the underwriting of new deals/payor contracts
- Executing ad-hoc assignments to support building Imagine’s corporate operations.
- Supporting the financial viability of Imagine operations including treasury, investment, governance, and profitability analysis.
- Helping to set hiring and performance targets for market-level staff and track performance to plan
- Analyze and report leading and lagging indicators for Operations
What You Bring & How You Qualify
First and foremost, you’re passionate and committed to reimagining pediatric health care and creating a world where every child with complex medical conditions gets the care and support they deserve. You want an active role in building a diverse and values-driven culture. Things change quickly in a start-up environment; you accept that and are willing and able to react quickly to time-sensitive needs of the business with agility and accuracy. You will not be expected to know everything, but a sense of intellectual curiosity and willingness to ask questions will be critical to your development. In this role, you will need
- 2-3 years of analyst experience in investment banking, private equity, or management consulting, or 3-5 years of corporate FP&A/related experience
- Strong preference for experience in value-based healthcare but not required
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics, or related major
- Desire to work in a fast-paced start-up environment.
- Industrious, resourceful, organized, self-sufficient, and comfortable with ambiguity.
- Team player with a positive attitude and strong willingness to learn.
- Demonstrated ability as a self-starter with an exceptional work ethic.
- Ability to run fairly independently with strategic analysis
- Willingness to tackle a variety of challenging assignments across all areas of the business.
- Takes full ownership of projects from problem statement to presenting/justifying results
- Can synthesize complex analyses and models into succinct and quality presentations/reports with minimal guidance from supervisor/CFO
- Can take on time-sensitive tasks with a sense of urgency.
- Strong attention to detail
- Exceptional critical thinker and problem solver
- Skilled in Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
- Displays foundational accounting and finance knowledge
- Effectively sources data and information from the right place
- Displays intuitive business acumen
- Fosters an environment of learning and development for junior peers
- Participates in building a positive work culture
What We Offer (Benefits + Perks)
We offer a competitive base salary for this position in addition to a competitive company benefits package and eligibility to participate in an employee equity purchase program (as applicable). When determining compensation, we analyze and carefully consider several factors including job-related knowledge, skills and experience. These considerations may cause your compensation to vary.
We provide these additional benefits and perks:
- Full medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Healthcare and Dependent Care FSA
- 401(k) with 4% match, vested 100% from day one
- 20 days PTO + 10 Company Holidays & 2 Floating Holidays
- Paid parental leave
- Pet Insurance
- Additional benefits to be detailed in offer
We Value Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging
We believe that creating a world where every child with complex medical conditions gets the care and support they deserve requires a diverse team with diverse perspectives. We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer. People seeking employment at Imagine Pediatrics are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, or characteristics (or those of a family member), pregnancy or other status protected by applicable law.