Pharmacy Technician (Hybrid)
Who We Are
We are Imagine Pediatrics, a devoted and compassionate, multi-disciplinary pediatrician-led medical group that is creating a world where every child with complex medical conditions gets the care and support they deserve. Energized by our mission to reimagine pediatric health care, we are pioneering virtual-first care services that include care coordination and around-the-clock access to complex-care clinicians from home. We don’t replace a child's existing care team. Instead, we collaborate to deliver continuous support to kids, so they can spend less time in the hospital and more time thriving at home and in their communities.
Every day we boldly challenge old approaches and seek out new and better ways to improve the health and lives of children with medical complexity. In partnership with caregivers, providers, and health plans, we break down the barriers that stand between families and quality care for their children. We know we can’t solve every challenge in the lives of these kids, but we can work tirelessly to give them, their families, and other caregivers the help and relief they need, right when they need it. We know a better approach to pediatric health care is within reach, and we are committed to seizing it today.
What We Live By
We’re guided by our five core values:
- Children first. We put the best interests of children above all. We are uncompromising in our commitment to improving the lives of children and families by bringing the best care to them.
- Earn trust. We cherish the trusting relationships we build with the children and families we serve, our partners, and each other. We seek first to understand and speak honestly.
- Innovate today. We refuse to accept the way things have always been done. Children and families are waiting for our help and their bravery demands that we relentlessly challenge assumptions to develop new approaches.
- Embrace humanity. We lead with empathy and authenticity, presuming competence and good intentions. When we stumble, we use the opportunity to learn and grow stronger.
- One team, diverse perspectives. We work alongside families as one team towards a shared purpose. We champion diversity and acknowledge the contributions of others.
The Clinical Pharmacy Technician is an integrated care team member focused on improvement medication therapy management supporting medication access and adherence needs for pediatric patients with chronic medical conditions. Under the supervision of Market Clinical Pharmacists or Central Clinical Pharmacy Specialists the clinical pharmacy technician primary responsibilities include maintaining patient medication therapy records, accurately capturing medication histories, troubleshooting medication access barriers with community pharmacies and pharmacy benefits managers, preparing medication therapy orders for review, and outreach to patient caregivers.
What You’ll Do
- Manages, triages, and assigns clinical pharmacy referrals to appropriate clinical pharmacy team members
- Supports internal and external team members in the clinical pharmacy referral process based on patient need
- Schedule patient/caregiver appointments for pharmacist-driven clinical programs
- Prepare charts in advance of clinical pharmacist appointments
- Communicates with pharmacies, insurance companies, and internal team members to resolve medication access barriers with the support of pharmacist where needed
- Completes medication histories and simple medication reconciliation as requested by referrals
- Monitor incoming medication renewal requests and manage per internal protocols, where allowable by state law, and seek assistance when outside renewal protocols
- Monitor incoming prior authorization requests and prepare documentation for review by clinical pharmacist
- Presents information (verbal and/or written) in a clear and concise manner.
- Demonstrates the ability to set priorities, work independently (with pharmacist oversight and review of final product) and cooperatively with others within and outside the department.
- Displays friendliness, compassion, sensitivity, kindness and appropriate manners in interactions with patients, physicians and other ancillary healthcare staff.
- Displays adaptability by adjusting to meet the needs of the patient and organization.
- Incorporates constructive feedback in a positive manner for improvement and necessary changes in, but not limited to, scheduling, procedures and assignments.
- Exhibits behaviors, which demonstrate competence, reliability, self-control, honesty, and appropriate overall appearance while rendering service.
- Other duties as assigned
What You Bring & How You Qualify
First and foremost, you’re passionate and committed to creating the world our sickest children deserve. You want an active role in building a diverse and values-driven culture. Things change quickly in a startup environment; you accept that and are willing to pivot quickly on priorities. In this role, you will need:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Current accredited pharmacy technician certification (such as PTCB)
- Maintenance of certification expected
- Registration with applicable state board(s) of pharmacy as required by law
- Maintenance of all technician registration for all assigned stated expected
- Proficiency with electronic health record systems
- Bilingual English/Spanish preferred but not required
- Minimum of 3 years of experience as a pharmacy technician (MARKET ROLES)
- Minimum of 5 years of experience as a pharmacy technician (CENTRAL ROLES)
- Pediatric experience preferred
- Ambulatory clinic or specialty pharmacy experience preferred
What We Offer (Benefits + Perks)
We provide these additional benefits and perks:
- Full medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Healthcare and Dependent Care FSA
- 401(k) with 4% match, vested 100% from day one
- 20 days PTO + 10 Company Holidays & 2 Floating Holidays
- Paid parental leave
- Pet Insurance
- Additional benefits to be detailed in offer
We Value Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging
We believe that creating a world where every child with complex medical conditions gets the care and support they deserve requires a diverse team with diverse perspectives. We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer. People seeking employment at Imagine Pediatrics are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, or characteristics (or those of a family member), pregnancy or other status protected by applicable law.