Senior Data Engineer
IMMO Investment Technologies
What you will do
- Empower people across the business with easy access to relevant data. Maintain and improve data infrastructure and data processing operations.
- Join the Data Platform & Operations team and enable analytics engineers and software engineers with infrastructure and tooling to solve important business problems; educate them on modern tooling and ways of working with data.
- Develop and manage architecture and deployment of business logic on our central data warehouse (Snowflake). Find the right balance between master data management and quick iterations in decentral analytics teams.
- Cooperate with software engineers in order to identify and implement the best ways to update and move data across systems: Considering the business requirements, systems performance and data quality.
- Create, maintain and improve data pipelines for use cases in business operations or analytics.
- Identify opportunities on how we can use modern tools and methods to automate and optimize our processes and solutions. Drive the adoption of your proposed changes by influencing stakeholders and colleagues.
What we need from you
- ETL and Data Warehousing - you have already conceptualised, built and maintained BI solutions and data warehouses successfully supporting effective decision-making across multiple business functions. You possess excellent SQL skills.
- DWH Architecture: You are a strong data modeler and you have created data models in the past in close cooperation with relevant business stakeholders.
- Deployment of ETL & Database Changes; Data Lineage; Data Quality - you are familiar with operating a BI infrastructure and the necessary tools and processes for reliability and quality of your operation.
- Nice to have: You know common BI tools (like Looker, Tableau, Power BI) and have a clear understanding on how to best leverage it for analytics.
- You’re a self-starter who is comfortable working autonomously and with teams located across our offices. You’re not afraid to get your hands dirty, prioritise your focus based on impact, and are able to own a project from start to finish
What would boost your application
- Experience working with cloud data warehouses (Snowflake, BigQuery) and DBT is a plus.
- Good understanding of information design and visualisation best practices is a plus.
- Experience applying DevOps best practices (CI/CD; test automation) in a BI setup
- First experience with event-driven service architectures, Spark, Kafka will be helpful
- Experience in startup or hyper-growth environments
- Relevant experience in (agile) project management or consulting is a plus.
- Professional experience in Real Estate, Consulting or Operating Companies with a startup/growth mindset helpful