Senior Manager Accounting - Germany
IMMO Investment Technologies
- Lead and participate in the monthly accounting close, ensuring timeliness, accuracy, completeness, and compliance with company policy and relevant accounting standards - whilst demonstrating strong communication skills liaising with internal functions and third parties such as investors and auditors.
- Be a Business partner working very closely with the local accounting team, country head, and other departments, both locally and at a company group level, whilst developing strong relationships with investor/client stakeholders.
- Be proactive with issues and responsive to needs of the country management.
- Have the ability to work in an entrepreneurial environment and possess initiative, organisation, problem-solving, and analytical skills.
- Be detail oriented and willing to take a hands-on approach in all elements of the job. As well as management of financial processes, systems, and internal controls the candidate will be responsible for the analysis of financial performance at segment level in actual and planning processes and identification of key drivers of variances, whilst delivering the team and IMMO’s KPIs in an efficient manner.
Requirements for the role:
- Must be a qualified accountant (ACCA or German equivalent) and have a degree in Accounting
- Should have at least 4-6 years of experience working in a Big 4 or equivalent with previous experience in supervisory/managerial position
- Work closely in overseeing portfolio and corporate accounting responsibilities, and manage the month-end process, including investor reporting.
- Assisting in accounting review of new portfolio including formalising accounting processes and onboarding.
- Responsible for accurate balance sheet reporting and review.
- Supporting country management in proactively identifying and resolving technical accounting, reporting, and tax issues.
- Development of accounting policies and procedures and resolving internal control concerns.
- Coordinate and help monitor external audit processes where required.
- Responsible for ensuring all property and corporate costs are reported correctly and where appropriate all costs recovered from tenants are tracked and reconciled.
- Must have experience working under pressure with various projects and deadlines
- Comfortable working with remote colleagues in other time zones
- Must possess excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Good computer skills, including Microsoft Office suite, Google Office, and Netsuite are advantageous.
- Must be fluent in both German and English.