(Senior) Property Manager (f/m/d)
IMMO Investment Technologies
Posted on Wednesday, October 18, 2023
Title: (Senior) Manager, Property Management (f/m/d)
Location: Hamburg, Germany
As a Property Manager (f/m/d) at IMMO, you will be responsible for the independent management of a portfolio of up to 400 units in up to 30 buildings. You master this task in cooperation with a Resident Manager who is responsible for tenant contact as well as letting.
- Work closely with our Resident Managers who are the first point of contact for all our residents. Moreover, you will assist in dealing with resident enquiries, concerns and repair requests promptly and professionally, and maintain a positive relationship with our residents by mediating and resolving disputes.
- Be an integral part of developing internal tools and processes to improve our daily operations and collaborate with our Product team.
- Coordinate and oversee property maintenance, repairs and renovations, and regularly inspect properties to ensure they meet safety and maintenance standards.
- Develop and implement preventive maintenance plans to extend the life of properties.
- Lead the examination of applicants for our flats, and prepare and countersign the tenancy agreements. You will also be responsible for our receivables management for the portfolio you manage working closely together with our Accounting team.
- Develop and manage property budgets, including rent collection and expense management, the preparation and maintenance of accurate financial records and reports for owners.
- Be up to date on local, state and federal laws and regulations governing real estate, and ensure that properties comply with all safety rules and regulations. You also initiate and oversee eviction actions, if necessary.
- Manage relationships with external building managers, and hire, supervise and manage contractors, maintenance staff and other service providers.
- Obtain competitive bids for maintenance and repair projects
- Carry out regular property inspections to identify and promptly rectify problems, document the condition of the properties, and make recommendations for necessary improvements.
- Successfully completed commercial training or studies with real estate-related topics (e.g. real estate agent, real estate specialist, real estate economist, property manager)
- Fluent knowledge of German and English (written and spoken)
- An expertise in planning and prioritisation
- An interest in technology-driven processes
Tools you will use:
- Microsoft Office
- Google Workspace
- IMMO CORE (our own ERP system)
- Oracle NetSuite
- Several third party apps for small pieces of the value chain (handover protocols, etc.)
We are IMMO. Here to revolutionize the real estate industry, for consumers and investors alike.
Residential real estate is the biggest asset class in the world and the market in Europe is worth an estimated $50 trillion. It’s a huge untapped market, but it’s also completely fragmented!
Homeowners wrestle with huge fees and uncertain processes when they want to sell. Tenants struggle to find high-quality homes and often deal with unsympathetic landlords. Financial institutions can’t invest large pools of money into the sector without hiring an army of disparate third parties. And to complicate matters further, building new homes churns out gigatons of carbon, all whilst we face a housing crisis and a global climate emergency.
IMMO is Europe's first technology powered and fully integrated residential real estate platform, designed to create portfolios of existing single family rental (SFR) and multifamily housing (MFH). Our proprietary technology allows us to unlock investment access to 98% of the residential market currently being overlooked, at scale and speed.
At the same time, we offer better solutions to consumers – empowering homeowners with quick and transparent sales, and providing a next-gen renting experience for our residents to enjoy living in beautiful homes.
With technology in our DNA, data is at the heart of decision making, and we do things sustainably by up-cycling existing properties that are responsibly retrofitted.
Among our investors are some of the world’s top venture capital firms. IMMO has been awarded “Tech Pioneer” by the World Economic Forum and has been titled “Real Estate Asset Manager of the Future” by Goldman Sachs.
We are 170+ strong with experienced professionals working across Capital Investment, Technology, Business Functions and Operations.
IMMO exists to solve a fundamental human need: We aim to create and scale a residential ecosystem that is socially responsible, safe, well-managed, and fairly priced. We’re funded by institutional investors and supported by diverse, globally distributed teams in the UK, Germany, Spain, and India.
To further our mission, we’re looking for creative problem solvers who would like to develop the next big innovation within the real estate industry.
We believe in creating a workplace where every employee is valued, respected, and provided with equal opportunities for growth and advancement, regardless of their race, gender, or any other personal characteristic.