Renal Care Coordinator
jacksonville, nc, usa
Posted on Wednesday, February 15, 2023
Interwell Health is a kidney care management company that partners with physicians on its mission to reimagine healthcare—with the expertise, scale, compassion, and vision to set the standard for the industry and help patients live their best lives. We are on a mission to help people and we know the work we do changes their lives. If there is a better way, we will create it. So, if our mission speaks to you, join us!
The Renal Care Coordinator organizes the care and follow up for late stage CKD patients to ensure a planned transition into Renal Replacement Therapy (RRT). Focuses on improving the preparation of late stage CKD patients who need to start RRT by ensuring each patient receives treatment modality education and receives the most suitable permanent access, while minimizing the use of temporary catheters. The Renal Care Coordinator ensures every late stage CKD patient receives appropriate coordination of care in order to begin RRT at the facility designated by the Nephrology Practice and the patient. We offer a competitive salary range of $74,074 - $92,593 for the valuable work you do.
What you will do:
- Liaisons with appropriate staff to ensure every patient and family member (if applicable) receives comprehensive information on specific modality advantages and disadvantages, hemodialysis treatments both at home and in-center, peritoneal dialysis, kidney transplantation and conservative care, as well as education on hemodialysis access types with focus on the health and safety benefits of AV Fistula or AV-Graft compared to central venous catheters.
- Organizes the Nephrology Practice late stage CKD patient population with regard to CKD education, including modality selection, permanent access placement and maintenance and a stable transition to RRT.
- Utilizes appropriate EHR, to develop and maintain a HIPAA compliant database of information about late stage CKD patients in the program providing reports and analyses, identifying trends, anomalies and areas of concern. Participates in the interpretation of summary clinical data and its use in improving late stage CKD care processes.
- Participates in the complex decision-making of modality selection and the creation and maintenance of a permanent dialysis access for patients starting RRT.
- Assesses patients' knowledge of late stage CKD and treatments, educating and informing patients to enable them to make informed decisions regarding the steps to manage health issues during the transition to RRT.Provides support, guidance and coordination of care for patients seeking conservative care or palliative care.
- $10k Sign-On Bonus
What you need:
- Bachelor's Degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- 2 - 5 years' previous experience in clinical patient care or case management required.
- Proficient with computers, Microsoft Office applications and Windows operating systems.
- A combination of hemodialysis, PD, transplantation, CKD education, case management and nutritional training highly valued.
- Renal transplant, dialysis, or CKD patient care preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge of renal disease and renal transplant required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills- good presentation skills.
- Ability to communicate and maintain effective interpersonal relationships at various levels of the organization.
- Understanding of diabetes and cardiovascular disease process and current case management practices required.
- Good understanding of relationship between the dialysis providers and the physician practice.
- Ability to determine when coordination may be performed by telephone or written instruction and when approval by a higher level of authority such as a physician or other health care provider is required.
- Ability to travel with a valid driver's license.
- Preferred experience in teaching/education and counseling in complex multi-site organization.
- Must be highly self-motivated, dependable and organized.
Our mission is to reinvent healthcare to help patients live their best lives, and we proudly live our mission-driven values:
- We care deeply about the people we serve.
- We are better when we work together.
- Humility is a source of our strength.
- We bring joy to our work.
We are committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion throughout our recruiting practices. Everyone is welcome and included. We value our differences and learn from each other. Our team members come in all shapes, colors, and sizes. No matter how you identify your lifestyle, creed, or fandom, we value everyone's unique journey.
Oh, and one more thing … a recent study shows that men apply for a job or promotion when they meet only 60% of the qualifications, but women and other marginalized groups apply only if they meet 100% of them. So, if you think you’d be a great fit, but don’t necessarily meet every single requirement on one of our job openings, please still apply. We’d love to consider your application!
Come join us and help our patients live their best lives. Learn more at www.interwellhealth.com.
See more open positions at Interwell Health
Something looks off?