Renal Services Coordinator (Remote)
Remote · United States
Posted on Friday, February 17, 2023
Interwell Health is a kidney care management company that partners with physicians on its mission to reimagine healthcare—with the expertise, scale, compassion, and vision to set the standard for the industry and help patients live their best lives. We are on a mission to help people and we know the work we do changes their lives. If there is a better way, we will create it. So, if our mission speaks to you, join us!
The Renal Service Coordinator (RSC) plays a key role in our members’ kidney care journey. While coordinating care through each stage of Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD), the Renal Service Coordinators demonstrate compassion and empathy, providing support and encouragement to navigate the healthcare system. Renal Service Coordinators partner with the patient to improve their health outcomes, such as by reducing hospitalization. The Renal Service Coordinators work in collaboration with the Nurse Case Managers, as they are assigned a variety of care coordination tasks.
The work you will do:
- In collaboration with the Nurse Case Manager, the RSC telephonically coordinates the care and follow-up for late-stage Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD) patients to ensure a planned transition into Renal Replacement Therapy (RRT)
- The RSC will provide assistance with scheduling resources and care coordination services needed to provide specialized care.
- The RSC coordinates late-stage CKD education, vascular access management, and treatment option initiatives that improve patient outcomes and reduce patient hospitalizations.
The skills and qualifications you need:
- One to two years of related experience in clinical patient care or case management required.
- A combination of hemodialysis, PD, transplantation, CKD education, case management, and Transplant nutritional training is highly valued.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to communicate and maintain effective interpersonal relationships at various levels of the organization.
- Must be highly self-motivated, dependable, organized with basic computer skills, and have a secure private office area that allows for protection of PHI.
- Must have adequate internet service allowing for a minimum of 20 MBPS Upload speed
Our mission is to reinvent healthcare to help patients live their best lives, and we proudly live our mission-driven values:
- We care deeply about the people we serve.
- We are better when we work together.
- Humility is a source of our strength.
- We bring joy to our work.
We are committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion throughout our recruiting practices. Everyone is welcome and included. We value our differences and learn from each other. Our team members come in all shapes, colors, and sizes. No matter how you identify your lifestyle, creed, or fandom, we value everyone's unique journey.
Oh, and one more thing … a recent study shows that men apply for a job or promotion when they meet only 60% of the qualifications, but women and other marginalized groups apply only if they meet 100% of them. So, if you think you’d be a great fit, but don’t necessarily meet every single requirement on one of our job openings, please still apply. We’d love to consider your application!
Come join us and help our patients live their best lives. Learn more at www.interwellhealth.com.
See more open positions at Interwell Health
Something looks off?